Volunteer Recruitment Manager (Europe)
Mercy Ships is a faith based charity, bringing safe surgery to people in Africa who have no access to healthcare or money to pay for it. For over 38 years Mercy Ships has visited more than 55 developing nations. Passionate to serve those in need and to leave a lasting impact for the future of those we serve. Our volunteer crew represent our organisation on board through excellence and diligence. 16 Mercy Ships offices around the world work on fundraising, recruitment and public relations.
We are looking for a passionate recruiter to join our Human Resources team as we seek to strengthen technical recruitment in Europe for Mercy Ships.
Title: Volunteer Recruitment Manager (Europe)
Location: Stevenage, SG1 with some foreign travel.
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £33,000 - £37,000 per annum plus benefits
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources (Europe), the Volunteer Recruitment Manager (Europe) will be responsible for recruiting qualified technical volunteers across Europe to include marine professionals, developing a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic recruiter to use their skills and experience to make a positive impact on the lives of those in need.
- Create and implement marketing strategies to attract passionate and active volunteers.
- Build and evaluate applicant sources by researching and contacting professional associations, trade schools, organisations and internet sites; providing information regarding Mercy Ships opportunities; establishing partnerships; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Develop an extensive network of potential European candidates via myMercy, social media, industry contacts, association memberships, and trade groups etc.
- Find qualified European candidates, according to relevant job criteria, using online tools and resources, cold calls, staff/crew referrals, etc.
- Work with the European National Offices to develop and implement national technical recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative technical recruiting ideas.
- Promote Mercy Ships through conferences, job fairs, university events, and seminars; write event reports and follow up with leads.
- Maintain routine contact with potential European candidates through myMercy, vacancy notifications, newsletters, emails, phone calls, etc.
- Coordinate and implement seed-planting initiatives through college career centres, academic departments and student groups.
- Research advertising venues such as magazines, professional journals, and websites; developing effective ads and job postings; placing approved advertisements accordingly and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Follow up with candidates as needed.
- Other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
- Post holder will actively follow Mercy Ships UK policies.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of data mining and internet research for the purpose of finding candidates from all sources.
- Able to determine and develop the most efficient sourcing method for different candidates, maximising ‘sourcing dollars’ and reducing time-to-hire.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to quickly build rapport via phone and email for candidate contact.
- An ability to organise work and embrace and participate in a well-functioning, productive, creative and collegial team.
- High aptitude for computer applications such as word processing, spread sheets and databases.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Recruiting experience
- Some maritime industry knowledge including licensing and structure.
- Ability to speak a European language.
If you are interested in joining us in transforming the lives of the forgotten poor then we want to hear from you.
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
Interview Date: 12 June 2018
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, which should be no more than 2 pages in length, detailing your relevant experience and why you want to work with us.
Mercy Ships UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all individuals and value diversity in our workforce.
Eligible roles may require a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check and candidates will be asked to declare any ‘unspent convictions.’
No agencies please.
Apply for Volunteer Recruitment Manager (Europe)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Management Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Stevenage
- Operations & Service Delivery Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Stevenage
- Business Development & Commercial Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Stevenage
- Human Resources Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Stevenage
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management Faith-Based Full Time jobs in Stevenage