Direct Marketing Executive
We are seeking an experienced Direct Marketing Executive to join our creative and ambitious team, where you’ll play a key role in delivering inspirational, multi-channel direct marketing campaigns to help engage and retain our c.400,000 regular givers. You will be shaping and executing campaigns that retain, upgrade, cross-sell and win-back our supporters, as well as inspiring them to donate to our emergency fundraising appeals.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Marketing division exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
You’ll be working in a team that offers excellent learning and development opportunities. You’d also have the chance to visit our programmes overseas, gain exposure to a wide range of fundraising and marketing activities and project manage multi-channel campaigns on a substantial scale. Key accountabilities include:
- Planning and executing inspirational multi-channel direct marketing campaigns which contribute to an income target of over £40m and will help deliver change for children around the world
- Project managing campaigns from planning and briefing to execution and results evaluation
- Considering audiences, products, propositions and channels at all times to ensure campaigns deliver agreed strategic objectives
- Collaborating with colleagues across the organisation including the CRM, Data and Insight teams to ensure that campaigns are shaped as a result of rigorous testing, learning and insight
- Ensuring that campaign results are thoroughly analysed, evaluated and shared across the department
- Rigorously managing the campaign budget, including income and expenditure targets
- Working to increase donor engagement, value and retention rates through excellent supporter stewardship and the implementation of supporter journeys for our various audience segments
- Forging excellent relationships with key stakeholders across internal teams, such as acquisition, digital marketing, brand marketing, campaigns and supporter care
- Cultivating collaborative relationships with a range of key external partners, including marketing agencies, freelance designers and print production companies; and motivating and inspiring them to deliver their best for Save the Children
To be successful you will be an outstanding project manager with a proven ability to plan and manage activity that delivers complex projects on time, on budget and that achieves strategic objectives. You will have:
- Significant experience of managing direct marketing campaigns (as described above) across a range of channels including direct mail, email, SMS and telemarketing
- A proven track record of implementing tests to improve marketing activities and understanding data and analysis to inform decision-making
- Experience of working within budgets (including income and expenditure)
- Experience of building excellent relationships with external suppliers and internal teams
- Familiarity with the principles of customer relationship management
- Strong numerical and critical thinking skills, specifically the ability to analyse complex data and translate it into tangible information
- Outstanding literacy skills, specifically the ability to produce and critique copy and creative briefs
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 20th May 2018
Please note that interviews will be held as applications come through, and interviews may be offered before the listed closing date. Therefore, please send your application as soon as possible.