Legacy, Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the role of Legacy, Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser includes:
- Responsibility for achieving income target attached to Trusts and Foundations and acting as the charity’s ‘go to’ subject matter expert in Trusts and Foundations.
- To conduct detailed research into potential Trust and Foundations supporters in order to identify suitable funding prospects.
- To build and nurture good relationships with current and potential donors/trust professionals.
- To prepare funding applications, including budgets and ensure successful applications.
- To lead on the development and implementation of the legacies strategy, developing annual plans and budgets in order to grow the legacy prospect and pledger database to secure future years’ income.
- Representing the Charity to supporters and stakeholders in a professional manner
The role holder must be able to fit into a small, busy and growing team where the tasks require enthusiasm and focus.
- To write and submit high quality funding applications within funders’ deadlines.
- To utilise the database to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of relevant Grant, Trust and Foundations communications.
- To work closely with the Grants department to gather and collate project information from stakeholders and assimilate that into trust and funding applications.
- To ensure timely acknowledgement of all donations and grants and to meet donors reporting requirements.
- To submit relevant monitoring and evaluation reports required by funders, ensuring high standards are consistently met.
- To prepare budgets to support fundraising applications.
- To contribute to the development of the fundraising strategy, pipeline and budgets.
- To develop and project manage legacy campaigns in conjunction with the marketing team..
- To develop and project manage significant legacy marketing
- To develop the legacy income stream, including the creation of processes, messaging, collateral and communication templates.
- To develop appropriate, personalised supporter journeys for legacy prospects and pledgers, ensuring the delivery of an outstanding supporter experience.
- To work closely with the Fundraising and Donor Development Coordinator to improve the in memoriam offer.
- To work closely with the Corporate Partnerships Executive to develop and maintain a Will making event.
- To act as an advocate for legacy giving by working across the organisation to ensure that the legacy message is communicated effectively including identifying, training and developing internal legacy champions.
- To build effective cross departmental and Group relationships, increasing efficiency and resilience across the RNRMC
- To work flexibly as part of the Fundraising team and ensure a joined up approach and maximise income opportunities
- To work with the Community Fundraisers to help deliver effective fundraising campaigns
- To act as a fundraising event lead when required
- To carry out any other relevant duties as required
A valid driving licence and the willingness to travel on occasion are required.
Person SpecificationEssential skills and experience
- Previous experience of working in a fundraising environment with associated financial targets, preferably within the context of securing donations from Trusts and Foundations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong prioritisation, time-management and organisational skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of working in a charity or not for profit organisation
- Experience of legacy fundraising and or probate law.
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of working with a charity or business CRM system
- Understanding of Naval or military environment
- Experience of Trusts and Foundation fundraising
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to time deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and the willingness to learn new skills
- A polite and professional manner
- Empathy with and support for the values, aims and objectives of the RNRMC
- A team player with an approachable and cooperative attitude
- Dependable – reliable with a determination to fulfil expectations
- Integrity – honest and ethical approach essential
- Resilient – able to deal calmly and effectively with unforeseen problems
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback in a measured and positive manner
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required of the Legacy, Trusts and Foundation Fundraiser and does not form part of the contract of employment. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor restrictive and therefore does not preclude change or development needed in order to perform the duties required of the role.
Apply for Legacy, Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly