Circa £25,000 to £32,000 per annum
The IET is seeking an experienced Event Producer to join our Events Team.
As an Event Producer you will research and produce IET events within one or more sectors which not only contribute to the sharing of Science, Engineering and Technology knowledge amongst members and the wider engineering community, but which are also commercially viable.
The ideal candidate will have experience in events or conference production, including content development and marketing copywriting. You will have strong project management and research skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexities at any one time. Effective people management (including volunteers or committees) is key.
Although an experienced events professional, you will be willing to learning and adapt with the IET. Ideally you will have worked in another professional body, but a commercial background would also be suitable. Experience in budget management would be advantageous.
You will be joining a dynamic team who work well together, operating with respect and supporting each other where needed.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- To produce and project manage the delivery of a specified amount of events per year by:
- Carrying out telephone and web research to ensure commercial viability and that targets are achievable
- Following event and production processes to meet key event deadlines
- Identifying and inviting speakers for commercial conferences
- Proactively managing committees for call for paper conferences
- Writing and proofing compelling copy material for web, email, and print marketing
- Providing timely updates for the website
- To assist the Group Managers in initial market research to validate new event proposals
- To liaise with the delegate and sponsorship sales teams to ensure that sponsorship opportunities are maximised for each event
- To liaise with the marketing department to ensure that each event is effectively promoted and publicised using all appropriate channels
- To be responsible for managing the budget for individual events, liaising with the Event Logistics department to ensure that budgeted costs are not exceeded
- To support event logistics managers to liaise with external partners with regard to logistics, marketing, sponsorship and exhibition sales
- To work closely with Communities colleagues on topic generation, collaborating on overlapping events
- To work with other directorates, magazine and journal editors where appropriate to use their market knowledge to identify speakers and presentation topics for your events
- Work with marketing and IET.tv to ensure events are filmed and promoted before and after delivery
- To build up industry knowledge and a network of contacts for the sector(s) in which you produce events
- To maintain an awareness of events produced by other Institutions and commercial competitors for the sector(s) in which you produce events
- To provide content for social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn etc)
- To work in a collaborative manner that exhibits trust, honesty and a “one-team” spirit.
- Demonstrable experience in a conference producing environment
- Demonstrable experience of generating topics for commercial events
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and motivate at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound organisational and planning skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to assimilate complex information quickly
- High level of IT literacy
- Budget management experience, forecasting and mitigation strategies
- Flexible – out of hours working and travel will be required
- Proactive and enthusiastic outlook.
- An established network of contacts in an industry sector served by the Institution
- Experience of producing events outside the UK
- Knowledge of an additional language
- High degree of interest in current business issues and industry trends
- Project management skills