Partnerships and Philanthropy Fundraising Manager
My client, The Horse Trust is the oldest horse charity in the world, was established in 1886 to help the plight of the working horses of London. Set amongst the rolling Chiltern Hills, The Horse Trust provides a sanctuary for the retirement and respite of modern day working horses from the Police, Military, Royal Mews and other charities such as Riding for the Disabled and Horse Rangers as well as caring for equines rescued locally from abuse or neglect and in need of urgent care. In addition to providing a retirement sanctuary, The Horse Trust Charity is committed to promoting equine health and welfare through training professionals and funding ethical scientific research to reduce disease and suffering for the UK equine population.
To develop relationships with major donors, Trusts and corporate supporters, generating income from both existing and new contacts.
Responsibilities to include:
- With the Chief Executive develop and deliver a three year strategy for developing major donor and corporate fundraising in order to increase the number of funders, strategic partnerships and net income.
- Responsible for income targets for major donors and corporate and trust fundraising.
- Deliver a programme of applications for corporate partnerships.
- Research, pitch for and secure new corporate partners.
- To research, identify and make applications to grant making trusts
- Deliver events suitable for engaging with major donors and corporate supporters.
Person specification to include:
- Experience of managing successful major donor or corporate relationships
- Experience of soliciting substantial individual or corporate gifts
- Experience of trust and grant fundraising
- Empathy with the Horse Trust’s aims and objectives
- Flexible team player
Application deadline: 18th May
PSR interviews: TBS
Client interviews: TBC