External Affairs Manager
The Big Lottery Fund is the largest community funder in the UK. Last year we distributed more than £700 million to over 13,000 projects. We believe strong, vibrant communities are built and renewed by the people living in them. Communities come in all shapes and sizes, and National Lottery funding is there for everyone.
We focus on supporting charities, community groups and people with great ideas, local or national, large or small, which will create opportunities for people to improve their lives. We aim to work with people flexibly and on their terms, improving the ways we engage with communities and building new partnerships with other funders, charities and individuals.
The primary purpose of this role will be to deliver events, develop relationships across a broad range of stakeholders (officials, peers in our sector and MPs) and use these relationships to support and enable the delivery of the Fund’s corporate objectives.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Strong experience of event management and delivery – for example, the ability to manage Parliamentary receptions, in-house events, roundtables.
- Good political, legislative and policy awareness and experience
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience – including experience of effective engagement with senior stakeholders, civil servant and MPs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to analyse written material, and draft blogs, briefings and policy materials.
- Experience of managing projects and contracts
- Line management experience – the ability to manage and develop team members and assign and manage workloads.
If you have any questions or want to know more about the role, please contact Ciaran.Osborne@biglotteryfund.org.uk