Management Accountant, Development and Enterprises
The Royal Opera House offers world-class opera, ballet, music and dance live on stage at our iconic theatre in Covent Garden, and reaches out to audiences across the UK and beyond through ROH Cinema and digital content on other platforms. As a charity and we could not maintain our extensive programme of artistic work, digital presentations, or our community and outreach projects, without philanthropic support, and the support of our sponsors and business partners. In September 2018, the Royal Opera House will launch a reopening of the building, following the Open Up project, when we will open our doors to an even wider group of people to experience what the Royal Opera House has to offer. This represents an exciting time for the whole organization, as we look to showcase our work to a growing new audience.
The Development and Enterprises Department is looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join the Development and Enterprises Finance team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Finance and Fundraising Planning, you will act as a business partner, working to deliver essential accounting services across the range of activities of the team, and make a contribution to our fundraising targets through efficient working practices, working to maximise revenue and minimise costs.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced team leader, with these qualities:
- Part qualified or fully qualified accountant with substantial experience in a progressive and tightly managed medium to large sized business or charity, and sufficient experience in a similar role
- High level of competency in Excel, Word, and computerised accounting systems with an aptitude for learning new systems and ability to become fluent in SUN and Vision
- The capacity to manage a busy workload and deliver high quality work, with multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Ability to understand VAT and Donation tax issues associated with a Charity
- High standard of written and verbal English, numerate and analytical, with attention to detail
- Commitment to managing own learning and continuous professional development relevant to the role
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.
A full job description and details of how to apply are available on our website www.roh.org.uk or from the Human Resources Department, email: email@example.com and you can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing Date for applications: 8.00am, Thursday 24 May 2018
Applicants must have work authorization for the UK.