The British Allergy Foundation, trading as Allergy UK, is the only charity patient organisation that offers support for everyone affected by allergy. We work with patients, healthcare professionals, corporate partners and advisory groups to ensure that everyone affected by allergy receives the best possible care and support.
We have ambitious plans for the future including significant growth and raising our profile towards our key strategic objective of having the means to reach and support every one of the 21 million allergy sufferers in the UK. These are exciting times for us, with the newly created role of Operations Director being instrumental in converting our strategic objectives into operational reality. This will require driving change to revolutionise the way our charity operates, focusing on diversifying income streams and fostering commercial awareness and opportunity within the team. There is much scope here for an experienced leader to build on that experience and hone skills to make a real difference to this charity and to the lives of those it touches.
We are looking for someone who has hands-on experience of managing the nuts and bolts of an organisation from delivering operational plans with projects strictly to time and to budget through to day to day management. You should also be able to demonstrate strong line management skills including motivation and development of teams and individuals.
This is a unique opportunity to play a significant role in an increasingly high profile charity that supports improvements for allergy sufferers. We are inviting applications from individuals who can clearly demonstrate the following:
- Instil a culture of quality and business improvement throughout the charity.
- An ability to effectively lead the delivery of a complex project or programme
- Experience of budget management and using resources effectively
- Manage operational team development, objectives and performance so that the organisation’s strategy is delivered.
- Provide evidence of impact through relevant reports and metrics.
- Experience of building and sustaining effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders – for example clinicians, manufacturers, patient groups.
A job description and person specification are available on our website. If you would like any more information about the role and what we are looking for, please e-mail Jonathan Evans at email@example.com
This role is initially being offered as a two-year, fixed-term contract. We expect that the appointment will prove invaluable and will quickly justify transition into a permanent role.
Successful applicants will be contacted by 28th May with interviews being held on Thursday 14th June 2018.
No agencies please.
Previous applications should not apply again.