Trustee - Learning Disability
Do you have personal experience of working with, or caring for, people with Learning Disabilities?
Do you have Trustee, Non-Executive or Senior Management experience?
Scotts Project Trust, based in Tonbridge, Kent, supports and cares for adults with learning disabilities by delivering excellent services in a friendly, nurturing environment where people gain the confidence and skills to lead fulfilled, happy and independent lives.
The charity operates through three interlinked services:
- St Peter’s Row, our residential care home
- Our two local independent living houses - Oaks and Willows - each housing four people and with a flat for one person
- Our on-site Day Services Centre, which runs courses designed to develop life-skills and confidence.
The Trustee Board plays a vital role in the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, helping the organisation to continue delivering and developing its different projects.
We are seeking to appoint a new Trustee with skills and experience in the following areas:
- Personal or academic Learning Disability experience; and
- Non-Executive Director, Trustee or Senior Management experience.
We would prefer our Trustee to be local to, or willing to come to, Tonbridge at least once a month and would ask for a time commitment of around 4 hours per week on average. The Trustee Board meets every other month.
We are very grateful to all our Trustees who offer their time and experience on a voluntary basis.
Closing Date: 1st June 2018
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a brief covering letter and your CV.
No agencies please.