Digital and Social Media Manager
Appointment: Digital and Social Media Manager
Responsible to: Head of Marketing and Events
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time (9am-5.30pm)
Salary £30k - £35k
Location Mappin House, 4 Winsley Street, Fitzrovia, London W1W 8HF
Please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are:
UP Movement is the matchmaker for social and environmental good.
We connect people that want to donate their (skills, time, money and more) with causes that need help and support.
We INSPIRE, UNITE and empower people to ACT on social or environmental issues in their communities and further afield, however big or small.
Together we help those projects, ideas and visions get UP and running through our UP Network and programme of UP Events.
Whether you’re a charity leader, work at a social enterprise, local authority or corporate, have retired or still studying or simply want to do your part in society, you can find everything you need in the UP Movement network.
Following its success in France since 2013, with over 130,000 members on the network and hosting 25 UP Conferences annually, the UP Movement is launching in the UK and we're looking for a creative and enthusiastic Digital and Social Media Manager to help launch and increase awareness of the UP Conferences as part of UP Movement in the UK.
In your role as Digital and Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for providing input and implementing the UP Movement’s social media strategy, developing brand awareness, generating content and promoting campaigns/ events to deliver impactful social and PR value. You will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Events and Head of Global Partnerships to support their respective objectives. You will also be responsible for identifying and engaging with new ambassadors who will support the movement and actively promote our work.
- Managing social media campaigns and running day-to-day social media activity
- Managing content calendars alongside the Head of Marketing
- Ensure social media tools are kept up to date
- Blogger/ Ambassador outreach program alongside the Head of Marketing helping identify active ambassadors
- Manage Google Adwords campaigns
- Devise and manage Paid social programmes and produce reports
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Collaboration on team KPI’s to measure success of social media campaigns across all platforms
- Feedback insights gained from social media monitoring
- Work closely with agencies on specific campaigns
- Analyse trends in social media applications
- Assist UP Movement team at UP Conferences
- Editing website content with up to date information
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Business or similar
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing social media campaigns for brands or non-profits
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how they can be deployed for different objectives
- Understand the mix of paid, earned, owned media mix and inform when and where it is appropriate to promote content through each channel
- Experience locating and engaging ambassadors/advocates
- On the pulse with popular social networks
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Demonstrated ability to develop on-brand messaging that best represents our tone of voice online
- Proficiency in social listening tools
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and in presentations
- Good team player, willing to be a part of an ambitious team where you can truly make a difference
- High attention to detail and enthusiastic about finding smarter ways of working
- Creative, collaborative and positive, with a can-do mindset and flexible approach
- Happy to work in a small, dynamic start up environment with fast expansion