Regional Community Fundraiser – Central Region
Combat Stress was established in 1919. We are the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health. For almost a century, we’ve helped former servicemen and women deal with trauma-related mental health conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and depression.
Today we provide UK-wide support to veterans from every service and every conflict, on the phone and online, in the community and at our treatment centres. We’re on a mission to raise awareness that invisible injuries can be just as hard to cope with as physical ones. So, when a veteran is having a tough time, we’re there to help tackle the past and to take on the future.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic community fundraiser to join our Fundraising team. This is an exciting time to be joining as we are gearing up for the charity’s centenary in 2019. We have big aspirations and are looking for a fantastic new senior officer to help us to achieve them!
You’ll be responsible for building relationships and maximising opportunities for increased engagement and income generation across individual community supporters and groups in the central region. You will have experience of identifying, developing and running new community fundraising activities.
This is a varied role: you will engage with volunteers and supporters to grow our income and raise awareness. You will have proven experience of developing, monitoring and delivering budgets with a track record of meeting and exceeding targets. Excellent networking, influencing and communication skills are vital.
Whilst you will work as part of a team, you should be used to working alone on a day-to-day basis. You will have experience of recruiting, developing and motivating volunteers, as well as experience of building positive relationships with local groups, community organisations and to engage our target audiences at a local level.
What we offer
You will work within a charity that has a fantastic cause and committed follower base.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, with an increase upon 5 years of continuous service
- competitive stakeholder pension scheme - contributions matched up to 10%
- childcare vouchers
- free on-site parking or shuttle from Leatherhead Station
- a wide range of other employee benefits
For further details and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
Closing date: 19th May 2018
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Birmingham
- Management Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Birmingham
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Birmingham
- Community Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Birmingham
- Supporter Development Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in Birmingham