- To provide leadership for the Centre's, staff and volunteer team, by supervising Operations Manager & Fundraising/Events Manager
- To act as the ambassador for the Centre and develop beneficial relationships with external organisations to ensure the sustainability of all services.
- To actively seek out fundraising opportunities for the Centre
- To maximise income from external lettings.
- To find resources for fundraising support i.e. pro bono.
- To work with the Trustees to devise & update the strategic plan for the Centre following the integration of the Refettorio service into the Centre and to actively lead business planning.
- The Centre Manager will report to the Council of Management at its board meetings and meet with external bodies as required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Centre management and leadership
- To ensure an adequate number of suitable staff are employed to achieve the Centre service’s aims. Ensure staff are recruited within an equal opportunities framework.
- To ensure that staff are inducted, supervised and supported according to the Centre’s policies and procedures, ensuring that all staff are appropriately trained to meet their responsibilities and work effectively as a team.
- Ensure legal requirements are met and that all appropriate policies and procedures are in place to support and develop the staff.
- Conduct regular supervision sessions and annual appraisals with directly managed staff.
2. Fundraising and Partnership
- To ensure an up to date knowledge of, and good working relationship with, other relevant services and organisations.
- To ensure all databases of funders, volunteers and other contacts are kept up to date
- To actively seek and manage new fundraising opportunities (in conjunction, where appropriate, with other appointed fundraisers for the Centre), including applying for grants and other sources of funding.
- To actively network and seek relevant partnerships/links with interested bodies and those that may assist by funding the charity or gifts in kind to enhance and support our services.
- To lead and support fundraising opportunities by networking and supporting funding applications.
- To carry out marketing and public relations activities to raise the profile of the organisation’s services.
- To ensure that income is maximised through hall hiring and that events are fully costed
- To undertake and lead relevant publicity tasks to promote awareness and, in doing so, increase income via donations/grants.
3. General Administration
- To ensure, together with the Operations Manager, that all policies and procedures are regularly reviewed, developed and updated.
- To support the Operations Manager develop appropriate metrics to evaluate the service effectively and collect, collate and monitor all relevant information.
- To engage effectively with all stakeholders, partnerships, trusts, and supporters on the efficiency, effectiveness and delivery of services. To include production of an annual review and reports as required by external bodies and the Board.
- To prepare reports for and actively participate in Council of Management meetings
4. Refettorio Felix @ St Cuthbert’s
- To ensure that the ethos of Food for Soul is embedded in the Centre’s food service and events.
- To ensure effective service delivery of Refettorio’s food services and maximisation of revenue-generating opportunities of its associated events
5. Financial Controls
- To practice and maintain good financial management under the direction of the Trust Treasurer and spend within the agreed budget.
- To ensure that proper financial policies and procedures are followed, and financial records are controlled and maintained, including staff salaries and appropriate financial and management controls are in place for all activities including events
- To liaise with the Treasurer on all purchases (over agreed amounts), income, and expenditure.
- To ensure all relevant staff are aware of cash handling policies at the Centre.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED (E = Essential, D = Desirable)
- Experience in a management role preferably in health, social care, non-profit or voluntary sector E
- Proven experience of financial and budgetary management E
- Previous experience in managing individuals and teams E
- Previous experience and demonstrable success in fundraising including running campaigns, donor development and submitting applications E
- Proven knowledge of recent legislation and external issues relevant to sector E
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office E
- Degree qualification or equivalent in related field D
- Understanding and appreciation of the pivotal role that food can play in improving physical and mental well being D
- Experience of providing hospitality services in a commercial or revenue-generating setting D
- Working knowledge of community resources D
- Strong organisational and communication skills E
- Confident, self-motivated, ability to work under pressure E
- Enthusiasm and ‘can do’ attitude E
- Passion for alleviating food waste, improving diet of our clients and reducing harmful environmental waste D
- Sensitivity to issues surrounding individuals experiencing homelessness, isolation, substance abuse and/or mental illness. Empathy and understanding of this client group and passion to improve lives E
More searches like this
- Fundraising Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Marketing Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Senior Management Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Management Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Operations & Service Delivery Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Greater)