Location: Saffron House, 6–10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8EQ
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £28,500 - £30,500
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 9am 21 May 2018
Download the job description and person specification from our website.
Can you help us make a positive difference to the quality of life of people with arthritis? We currently have a great opportunity in our lively Policy & Public Affairs team for an enthusiastic Policy Officer. We’re looking for a thoughtful team player to drive policy development and influence Government and wider stakeholders, with a focus on health services and public health policy.
You will draw together evidence and generate recommendations to help us ensure that people with arthritis have timely and fair access to health services and support, tackling issues such as restriction to joint replacement surgery. With musculoskeletal conditions recently declared a priority by Public Health England, it’s a really exciting time to join us.
About the role
As Policy Officer you will lead on specific projects, developing policy positions, commissioning research and producing reports and consultation responses.
You will also contribute to the wider work of the team and Directorate by representing the charity on cross-sector groups, attending stakeholder meetings and participating in public affairs events and conferences. Strong analytical and communication skills, together with a flexible and engaging approach are vital.
You will have:
- Knowledge and recent experience gained from work in a policy team;
- Understanding of policy issues in health services and/or public health;
- Knowledge of research methods used in policy development and influencing;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, analytic and research skills;
- Ability to work independently, prioritise effectively and work to deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team within and across organisations.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- A concise, up-to-date CV
- A supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification (Word XXKB)
- Please indicated where you have seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by 9am 21 May 2018 via the link on our website
If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please email firstname.lastname@example.org
First interviews expected: Wednesday 30 May in London
Second interviews expected: Monday 11 June in London
Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK merged on 1 November 2017. We believe that together we can overcome the pain, isolation and fatigue of arthritis and have a greater positive impact on the lives of 17.8 million people across the UK who are currently living with musculoskeletal conditions.
Our ambition is to invest in breakthrough treatments, change attitudes towards arthritis, reach many thousands more with the information and support they need, and influence the provision of services and more essential research into better treatments and cures.
Read more about our merged organisation, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Arthritis Research is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156