Director of Fundraising
South Georgia Heritage Trust is a charity that is focused on the preservation of the unique wildlife and indigenous species that reside and breed on South Georgia and the surrounding areas. They are also keen to retain the historical heritage of the Islands and increase the international awareness of the human history of the island through the South Georgia Museum.
The charity is now focused on the next stage of its development and are now keen to recruit Director of Fundraising to create and implement a fundraising strategy and generate new sources of income. Moving forward the organisation are keen to raise the profile of the island's rich cultural and historical heritage and the impact the islands have made in scientific discovery and polar exploration.
The new Director of Fundraising will join the organisation at the beginning of the cultural heritage programme and will be responsible for leading the fundraising efforts from the outset. The role will have full responsibility for major gifts and income generation from foundations, individuals and corporations with the assistance of a trusts fundraiser.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Executive and Trustees of the organisation to develop the trusts fundraising strategy and to identify and approach new and existing donors.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Development of a cultivation programme to develop long term relationships with major supporters
- Oversee the preparation of all proposal documentation and letters of solicitation to trusts, foundations, individuals and corporations and ensure they're targeted to the right audiences in a persuasive professional manner
- Work closely with the SGHT representatives on South Georgia to promote the trust to cruise ship operators and visitors to the island
The successful candidate for the role will have the following skills and experience
- A proven track record of major gifts and fundraising for high level capital campaigns, preferably in the heritage sector
- The ability to demonstrate success in the cultivation, solicitation and management of major gifts and institutional grants at six figure level and above
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build rapport and engage with a broad portfolio of supporters
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong long-term relationships with existing and new donors
- A strategic outlook with the ability to develop and implement a clear and robust strategy for income generation and fundraising across multiple income streams and audiences
Although located in Dundee, Scotland the trust is flexible on the location of a candidate although proximity to London, Cambridge and Edinburgh would be advantageous.
Initially frequent trips to Dundee would be required with additional international travel.
To discuss the role in more detail, please send your CV through to Jason Jederon email@example.com or submit your CV by clicking apply. A screening call will take place before further role details are released. Closing Date Monday 14th May at 9.00am.
Apply for Director of Fundraising
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Fundraising Arts / Culture Full Time jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Senior Management Arts / Culture Full Time jobs in City of Edinburgh
- International Development Arts / Culture Full Time jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Major Donor/ Gifts Arts / Culture Full Time jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Trusts & Foundations Arts / Culture Full Time jobs in City of Edinburgh