Based in own office, some visits to Newcastle and Manchester
Fee: up to £5250 including expenses and excluding VAT
Required: May-July 2018
The National Trust and Newcastle City Council wish to appoint a suitably qualified fundraising consultant or consultants to research and produce an endowment fundraising action plan for Newcastle Parks Trust.
Newcastle City Council is, with support from the National Trust, setting up a new, independent charity – a Parks Trust – to look after the city’s parks and allotments.
Setting up a Parks Trust to care for the city’s parks will change the way the whole parks and green space portfolio is managed from a maintenance mind-set to value creation and long term sustainability. It harnesses the full potential of the public asset, is centred on community participation with strong civic leadership and is funded by a diverse and blended mix. Key to that funding mix will be the set up and management of an endowment. To support this exciting venture we would like to commission:
• In depth research across thematic, local, regional and national funding bodies and social investment agencies to identify which organisations could potentially be approached to support the creation of an endowment for the Parks Trust.
• A detailed action plan, including recommended approaches to funding bodies, and development of an implementation plan that can be presented to the new Board of the Parks Trust.
• This research would need to abide to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
To apply please send the following to Victoria.Bradford-Keegan@nationaltrust.org.uk
1. A statement of how you will approach fulfilling the brief with a clear statement of the way you would ensure that GDPR would be adhered to.
2. A statement of what you will provide, in terms of your time and other resources, within the fixed fee of £5250.
3. A full CV which explicitly addresses all the points listed in the Person Specification
4. A statement of why this commission should be given to you, and what special knowledge and skills you will bring to it.
5. Suggested terms of payment and insurance requirements
Tenders must be submitted by email, as Word or PDF attachments not exceeding 5MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12 noon on Monday 30th April.
Application closing date: 12 noon on Monday 30th April.