Child Protection Conference Chairperson
Salary Details: AFC SCP 54-57 £50,445 - £53,478 per annum
Job Term: Fixed term, 12 months
Appointment Type: Full-time Hours, 36 hours per week
Location: Twickenham and Kingston
Directorate: Business Services
As Child Protection Conference Chair for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for:
- Promote understanding of the child protection conference process, ensuring that social workers, practitioners and family members understand the purpose of child protection conferences and how they are conducted.
- Chair complex multi-agency and multi-disciplinary child protection conferences, consider the evidence presented to the conference, make judgements about the likelihood of a child suffering significant harm in future, and decide whether the child is at continuing risk of harm
- Use the Signs of Safety model in child protection conferences and support families and professionals understanding of the model; including simple written and verbal language.
This is a fantastic role in a lively and supportive team.
We have been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children's services providers in the country.
We are one of the Department for Education's eight 'Partners in Practice', tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be Child Protection Conference Chair for AfC, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- You will have experience post qualifying experience and be able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of child protection work and management decision making in relation to children who are at risk of significant harm
- You will demonstrate your knowledge of the London Child Protection Procedures, including the role and responsibilities of the chairperson.You will need to demonstrate the interpersonal skills needed with children and young people in the independent role be able to ensure their voices are at the centre of all planning, reviewing and decision making.
- You will also need to evidence your professional authority in managing complex and sometimes challenging conferences with both families and professionals.
In return, we will offer you high-quality support and development opportunities. Our learning and development offer was highlighted as a key strength by the judging panel when they named us Social Work Employer of the Year in 2016.
If you would like to be considered please can you submit an application by the 29. Interviews are scheduled for the 3 May. For any shortlisted candidates there may be flexibility on the interview date.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0208 891 7696 or 07894 237 459.