We are currently looking for a full time Centre Co-ordinator to join Open Age, based in the New Horizons centre near Sloane Square. This centre runs over 80 activities a week, which aim to help older people engage with their community and prevent isolation. Come utilise your experience, enthusiasm and caring approach to help run the centre, assisting in a range of administrative tasks and supporting the older people who access our services on a daily basis.
About Open Age
Open Age was established in 1993 and we’re now celebrating over 20 years of championing an active life for older people. We work across Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and Hammersmith and Fulham to provide classes, workshops and events that enable anyone aged 50 or older to remain physically and mentally active, and explore new interests.
About the Role
New Horizons in one of Open Age’s dedicated centres, with several classrooms, studios and a café. The role of the Centre Coordinator is to ensure that the New Horizons centre runs smoothly on a day to day basis. This can range from administrative tasks, such as data entry and keeping our activity programmes and notice boards up to date, to managing our team of volunteers. Most importantly, our Coordinator will make sure our centre remains welcoming and accessible to all of the local residents who attend our classes and events.
Applying for this role
In order to secure this opportunity, you will need the following:
- Awareness of issues affecting the lives of people over 50 and a commitment to Positive Ageing
- Excellent listening skills, combined with patience and understanding
- The ability to support and manage the independent tutors and volunteers who help run our activities
- Excellent admin skills and attention to detail
- Strong IT skills and a familiarity with data entry
- A moderate level of physical fitness – you will be required to move tables and chairs to set up classrooms for various activities