Are you an energetic, fun, finance officer with great communication skills?
We are working on behalf recruitment agency who are looking for an experienced 'Finance Officer' for a 9 month FTC. You will be responsible for running the weekly payroll, ensuring all temps and contractors are 100% compliant across the business, issuing invoices to clients and credit control.
You will also be required to provide support to the Finance Director and perform other office duties as necessary.
- Basic accounting duties, ie bank reconciliations, assist in month end processing
- Reporting and analysing sales
- Collate weekly timesheets and expenses.
- Maintain accurate worker, client and assignment data and ensure full compliance.
- Running the weekly payroll within timescales and producing relevant reports for external payroll company.
- Processing contractor invoices and timesheets.
- Dealing with payroll queries.
- Sending out P45s/P46s.
- Update all statutory payments.
- Produce weekly and monthly reporting on payroll and any other requirements.
- Take responsibility for full compliance of temps and contractors.
- Issue invoices and chase where relevant.
- Chasing payments over the phone and by email.
- Working to targets to ensure debt levels are maintained.
- Purchase ledger process and pay suppliers.
- All other finance & payroll duties.
Experience & Skills
Demonstrable experience of working within a busy payroll environment, preferably in a recruitment business.
Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to work independently and to deadlines.
Ability to demonstrate an understanding for the need of confidentiality in dealing with all payroll and HR issues.
- A detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules
- Up to date knowledge of RTI, Pension Auto Enrolment and all PAYE related tasks
- Up to date knowledge of EAA and REC compliance regulations.
- Good knowledge and experience in using SAGE accounting system.
- Preferably with relevant accounting qualification or part qualified.
Salary: 30,000pa (pro rata)