Head of Country - England
Head of Country, England
£52 - £56,000 depending on experience - or daily rate.
Manchester &/or London, based in either with frequent travel to the other location.
Contract - 2-3 months.
Prospectus are working with a leading Children's Charity with a vison to improve lives of children around the world.
The charity's UK work focuses on tackling poverty and the effects this has on children during the critical first years of life, from birth through to the start of primary school. The programmes delivered often focus on working in partnership - with schools, local services, local authorities and charities.
Work is across a number of core areas which the evidence shows can make the biggest difference to poorer children's life chances: Home learning environment, Early learning services, and Local systems change.
Acting as the lead representative of the programme to lead, develop and bring to scale programmes and influencing that achieve breakthroughs for children living in poverty in England. This is a role that will see you work in partnership with other organisations, such as schools, nurseries, local authorities and other partners as appropriate for each project. The goal of such projects and partnerships is to achieve long term systemic change that can influence and change practice beyond the immediate partners you work with and individuals we support.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Track record of delivering successful programmes to budget and on time.
- Experience of managing programmes within an unpredictable working environment
- Experience of building, leading, managing and developing a team of senior staff
- Experience of serving as an ambassador for an organisation
- Experience of developing new relationships and growing existing relationships.
- Experience of collaborating and working in partnership with external organisations.
- Experience of leading successful change in an organisation
- Experience of building personal networks at a senior level,
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Knowledge of the country and wider region funding environment; including experience of raising funds from and working in partnership with private companies and individuals.
- Experience of handing projects to other organisations or delegated persons at appropriate points.
- An interest in or willingness to learn about key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Understanding of the wider policy and media sectors.
In the first instance please submit your CV via the apply button below. Those that meet the requirements of the role will be sent full details and the offered the opportunity to discuss this further.