Volunteer Development Officer
The job: This post draws together a number of tasks that are crucial to the strategic development, management and administration of the volunteer programme at Kent Wildlife Trust. The post holder will work closely with the Head of People Engagement and with staff across the organisation in delivering an effective volunteering programme and the volunteering strategy. There is an existing pool of approx 1000 registered volunteers.
The role of the Volunteer Development Officer will be to identify and demonstrate how local groups can be involved in both existing and new volunteering opportunities.
You: The ideal person will be able to demonstrate:
- experience of developing or implementing a strategic plan
- experience of working in the community or voluntary sector, with responsibility for supporting and developing volunteer action
- understanding of evaluation methodologies
- awarenesss of, and commitment to, tackling the barriers that may exist to volunteering and their impact on diversity
- experience of recruiting volunteers
- face to face management of volunteers
- experience of planning and running events
- a strong mix of interpersonal, communication, transferable and IT skills
Kent Wildlife Trust is the leading wildlife charity for Kent and Medway, supported by its members and staffed by committed professionals. We are all working to protect wildlife and to find better ways to run an efficient and effective organisation.