NEW START-UP CHARITY - Programme Officer
3 days left
- Contract Type
Are you a dynamic, organised, entrepreneurial self-starter who can help us launch one of the an new charitable venture and deliver the UK’s most ambitious STEM educational programme to date – inspiring and supporting young people from all backgrounds to become the science and technology leaders of tomorrow?
FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition in Science & Technology) provides accessible mentor-based educational programmes and competitions grounded in robotics to build core capabilities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) alongside life-skills including communication, collaboration, and leadership. The organisation was founded by serial inventor and entrepreneur Dean Kamen in 1989, beginning with 28 teams in a New Hampshire high-school gym. Today, the four FIRST® programs reach over 500,000 young people annually. The fun they have, the knowledge they gain, and the friendships they make along the way help build self-confidence, nurture creativity, and inspire them to solve the world’s greatest challenges, be strong citizens, and build a brighter future.
We are now bringing one of the FIRST® programmes to the UK - FIRST Tech Challenge - and are seeking a highly organised, driven, and passionate individual to join this start-up charity. The role requires a dynamic generalist capable of blending project management, marketing communications, fundraising, events production, and stakeholder engagement with a positive can-do attitude.
Based in a Family Office we’re looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter to:
- Support all aspects of day to day charity operations
- Help reach and engage schools, teachers, parents – raising profile & participation
- Produce compelling content for digital, e-comms, and social channels – articulating the vision, mission, and impact of the organisation to multiple audiences
- Project manage the delivery of events and national competitions
- Research and scout across educational, business, and third sectors – developing knowledge and building relationships
- Help develop propositions in support of fundraising and income generation
- Serve as an ambassador and contact point for the charity
- Turn problems into solutions through organised, logical thinking and agility
- Be instrumental in growing the charity into the UK’s leading STEM educational programme provider
The scale of ambition is significant, we’ll often be in uncharted territories and you’ll need to be comfortable with uncertainty and able to adapt rapidly to changes. It’s not often you get opportunity to be part of something completely new – to launch a new UK charity with proven products to audiences who need them. To join our growing team you’ll need to be
- Entrepreneurial in mind-set, possessing tenacity, and drive
- Highly organised – with a desire to develop and enhance project management skills
- IT literate (Microsoft Office – bonus points for publishing and design software familiarity!)
- Interested in STEM education and the not for profit sector
- A great communicator
- Conversant in marketing, communications, social media
- Ambitious and interested – with a desire to achieve, at pace, great things
Most importantly, you’ll need to be a dynamic self-starter with a desire to make a positive contribution to society - quick to learn, adapt and bring people with you.
Closing date: 2359 Sunday 30th April 2018. Interviews: w/c 4th May Start date: ASAP
More searches like this
- Fundraising Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Marketing Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business Development & Commercial Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Graduate & Trainee Education Full Time jobs in London (Central)