Senior Challenge Events Executive
Senior Challenge Events Executive
Every day brings new challenges for our client. Every day, 618 seriously ill children from across the UK arrive for life-changing treatments. Every day, young lives hang in the balance as patients, families and staff battle the most complex illnesses. And every day, the brightest minds come together to achieve pioneering medical breakthroughs that change the lives of thousands of children – and change the world. This extraordinary hospital has always depended on charitable support to give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfil their potential. Without donations, our client can’t help fund ground-breaking research, advanced equipment, child and family support services, and the rebuilding and refurbishment of wards and medical facilities. Their staff help to raise these vital funds for the hospital. A better future for seriously ill children starts with you.
The Challenge Events team manages a diverse portfolio of third party sporting fundraising events, which currently includes Virgin Money London Marathon, Royal Parks Half Marathon, Prudential RideLondon – Surrey 100, Brighton Marathon and many more. The team has seen incremental growth over the past three years and there are ambitious plans to grow significantly further in 2018-19 and beyond. The challenge events team also manages a portfolio of events for Sparks, the children’s medical research charity, who became part of our clients family in 2017 and this role involves support of Sparks event delivery.
Position: Senior Fundraising Executive - Challenge Events
Location: Central London, WC1N
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 11th May 2018
About the role:
The Senior Fundraising Executive - Challenge Events will be a key member of the team, taking ownership of project delivery as well as strategic input and helping to drive growth through the marketing and stewardship plans. The role will offer huge possibilities to expand your skills and knowledge as well as work with a world-famous hospital and brand.
- Manage three-line reports and oversee their event portfolio and personal development
- Develop, deliver and manage marketing strategies to meet event KPIs and targets
- Build effective stewardship plans to thank, engage and support their participants
- Play a key part in delivering the team’s strategic objectives, focusing on remittance rates and average gift
- Support the administrative function of the team, managing two administrators and ensuring high standards of stewardship and income processing
- Manage key projects across the team, to improve efficiency, success and income long term
- Deliver and assist the team Manager to develop the strategy and team budget
- Assist in development of business plans and accurate budgets for the team by creating own event development plans and accurate event budgets for our client and Sparks events
- Have strong contacts in the challenge event sector and able to spot new opportunities and make informed decisions and proposals on new business activity
- Work with other teams in the charity to provide opportunities for their supporters to engage with the charity and the hospital in new ways
- Support recruitment and management of team members and volunteers both in the office and externally where necessary
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Proven significant experience working in a fundraising environment, with a challenge event background
- Event / project / account management experience
- Experience of building Marketing plans
- Budget management experience and good financial knowledge
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of using databases
- Knowledge and passion for challenge events and sporting sector
- Understanding of effective and inspiring line management
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
- A-levels or equivalent
Desirable Skills / Experiences:
- Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience of managing line reports
You may have experience of the following: Events Manager, Events Executive, Senior Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Account Management, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Events, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.