Team Support Associate
Title: Team Support Associate
Organisation: UNHCR (administered by UNOPS)
Duty station: London, UK
Section/Unit: Goodwill Ambassadors
Contract/Level: Local Support, Level LICA 6 (equivalent to G6)
Duration: 01 May (or as soon as possible after) - 31 December 2018 (renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
Supervisor: Head, Goodwill Ambassador Programme
1. General Background
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of people in Europe who had fled or lost their homes. Today, over 67 years later, UNHCR's work in 125 countries has helped over 50 million of people restart their lives.
The Goodwill Ambassador (GWA) Programme manages some of the most recognizable public faces of UNHCR, helping to bring UNHCR’s work and mission to audiences across the world. A motivated and efficient Team Support Associate is sought to help the GWA Team to continue to build, to professionally manage existing and new GWA relationships, and to ensure their endeavours yield effective results in terms of advocacy, awareness and fundraising.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
(Concise and detailed description of activities, tasks and responsibilities to be undertaken, including expected travel, if applicable)
Under the supervision of the Head of the GWA Team and day-to-day oversight by a GWA Officer, the principle task of this position is to provide day-to-day support to the GWA team, with particular focus on the following:
- Monitoring, drafting and updating GWA contracts;
- Maintaining a contacts database;
- Archiving and filing;
- Monitoring expenditure and cash balance; providing budget reports from MSRP
- Handling invoices and expenses
- Setting up vendors;
- Supporting GWA mission travel including logistics and briefing packs;
- Helping draft GWA presentations;
- Helping to prepare TORs for consultants and contractors.
- Day to day management of the GWA Team intern
- Ensuring agendas and action notes are provided from weekly team meetings
- Additional ad hoc tasks as needed including supporting social media outreach
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
(Clear description of measurable outputs, milestones, key performance indicators and/or reporting requirements which will enable performance monitoring)
- One to one meetings with supervisor to discuss progress and challenges
- Weekly team meetings to update whole team on progress on major tasks and outputs
- Ensuring all tasks are completed to required standard and on deadline
- Annual appraisal
4. Qualifications and Experience
(List the required education, work experience, expertise and competencies of the individual contractor. The listed education and experience should correspond with the level at which the contract is offered.)
a. Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education) Secondary Education Level with knowlegde in business administration or a related field.
b. Work Experience (List number of years and area of required work experience. Clearly distinguish between required experience and experience which could be an asset.)
- Demonstrable experience of providing effective administrative support to a team
- Experience with handling sensitive and confidential data required
- Experience of working with a team in multiple locations is desirable
- Experience of working in a GWA related field is desirable but not essential
c. Key Competencies
(Technical knowledge, skills, managerial competencies or other personal competencies relevant to the performance of the assignment. Clearly distinguish between required and desired competencies
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills, and strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) in English.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner in a demanding working condition that often functions on short-term deadlines.
- A flexible and outgoing team player with service oriented attitudes.
- Excellent computer skills with Word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English is essential.
d. Desirable Competencies
- Working experience with an NGO in the humanitarian field an asset.
- Working experience of GWA related programmes
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and Personal History Form (P11) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 20 April 2018.