Head of Quality and Safeguarding
BCHA are a diverse and growing specialist housing, learning and support provider based on the South Coast. BCHA helps people off the streets, out of abuse, over skills barriers and into independence and work, providing a range of accommodation, support, training and work opportunity.
We are looking for a Head of Quality and Safeguarding who has great drive and energy to join our Senior Management Team within our Supported Housing Department. For this post you'll need a head for accuracy and a real sense of integrity! This role presents a great opportunity to take a lead role in safeguarding matters for BCHA.
The post holder would represent the Service on safeguarding matters linking with our various services and their functions and be responsible for the Safeguarding & Quality Assurance.
The successful applicant will be accountable for improving customers’ outcomes and the impact of services through strategic leadership and the delivery of internal quality assurance framework including internal reviews of safeguarding, serious incidents and exclusions.
Strong leadership skills as well as the ability to foster great working relationships will be key to being successful in this role. No two days are the same in this role, so if you are looking for variety, this may be the post for you.
- Maintain expert working knowledge and understanding of BCHA’s core customer groups including: homeless, mental health, domestic abuse and substance misuse to evaluate and influence service quality, impact and outcome measures.
- Ensure the provision of high quality services by continuously reviewing BCHA’s internal quality assurance framework; to evidence and analyse standards, as well as customers’ outcomes across the department.
- Looking for innovative ways for delivering and designing services that embed and promote a continuous improvement culture.
- Ensure the effective dissemination of best practice and work closely with colleagues to support the development of innovative practices and service models.
- Produce concise performance management information and analysis. In collaboration with colleague’s design and implement any improvements plans. Review and monitor gaining engagements form team to ensure successful implementation.
- Commission or support internal and external research activities liaising with academic partners and colleagues to ensure a collaborative and coordinated approach to maximise data and evidence collection.
- Contribute to communication strategy by producing and publishing concise evidence based messages, for presentations, journal, social media and consultation, which demonstrates the impact of BCHA’s services.
- Be a proactive member of tender teams providing evidence and advice to support the design of new services, programmes or initiatives including facilitating co-production and customer involvement.
- Support colleagues with the development and management of a wider range of external partnerships and relationships identifying/extracting key data appropriate to the relationship.
- Work flexibly across a wide geographical area, as required by the services. Predominately requiring regular travel across the south west and, where necessary, support the management in fluctuations of workloads beyond primarily role.
- Lead and mange BCHA’s Safeguarding policies and procedures ensuring that all local authorities policies and procedures are effectively implemented across the organisation
- Promote safeguarding internally and ensure external relationships with local authorities safeguarding teams are maintained
- Maintain specialist knowledge on developments and best practice in the areas of safeguarding and child protection and to provide timely advice and guidance to operational colleagues in response to legislation, government guidance and research.
- Responsible for the development of plans, reports and other key documents to ensure safeguarding is adequately reflected in all BCHA’s activities.
- Provide specialist knowledge and expertise to colleagues managing safeguarding incidents including specialist support to communicate any external authority.
- Review all safeguarding incidents to ensure regulative compliance and best practice and that any recommendations or lessons learned inform improvements and are effectively implemented.
- Lead and coordinate and internal safeguarding meetings to ensure practice is consistently reviewed and lessons learned is reflected in improvements
- Prepare quarterly and annual safeguarding reports for the senior leadership team identifying learnings, trends, emerging needs, future statutory, operational and strategic requirements.
- Lead on the department’s Inclusion Plan including the development of policies and procedures.
- To produce annual service improvement plans which support managers to assess and address any risk to quality or performance, whilst identifying efficiencies and encouraging innovation to improve service outcomes.
- Use coaching leadership skills to support a culture of continuous improvement, innovative and best practice whilst encouraging the sharing of skills and knowledge through collaboratively working across the department and BCHA
- Develop monitoring and evaluation methodologies to evidence impact of services, encourage innovation, embed best practice
- Continuously review the range of data and evidence collated to ensure relevance to contract compliance and BCHA’s growth strategy identifying opportunities to improve
- Analyse and review data and evidence identifying trends and emerging needs to influence policy makers and commissioners to devise and deliver plans as necessary
- Provide quarterly and annual reports detailing progress on health and wellbeing services and programmes
- Contribute to the develop and delivery corporate induction training including providing Safeguarding, MAPPA and Professional Boundaries training
- Responsible and accountable for the development of internal Relief Staff Team working with colleagues to develop plans to efficiently manage absences, attract, recruit and retain an experienced Relief Team
- Responsible and accountable for working collaboratively with colleagues to develop and implement the department’s Volunteering and Peer Mentoring Offers.
- Regular participation of On-Call rota, dealing with escalation form the duty on call as appropriate.
- Hold regular team meetings; 1:1s; IPRs; assessment of performance; identify learning and development needs and facilitate reflective practice amongst employees
Interview Dates; First Interviews: 15th and 16th May. Second Interviews: 22nd and 23rd May.