Data Protection Officer
A fantastic environmental charity is seeking a data protection officer to join their team on a part time, 6 month contract (advertised salary pro rata) to start as soon as possible. The role will be at the centre of the organisation's data protection policy and the post holder will have responsibility to develop and implement a data protection compliance framework.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- To assist the chief DPO with all data compliance matters in preparation for changes in the GDPR framework.
- Develop and implement a data protection compliance framework tailored to the needs of the charity.
- To position ICT activities at the heart of all charity initiatives through coordination across the charity departments and teams
The successful candidate must have the following experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience performing a similar role around data protection compliance within the charity or not-for-profit sector (e.g. as a Data Protection Officer/Manager etc.)
- Working knowledge of the incoming legislation surround the GDPR laws, particularly the compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of other Data Compliance e.g. BACS/AUDDISS/PCI.
- Those with a programme management qualification - e.g. PRINCE2 - are particularly encouraged to apply.
This is a great opportunity to further develop your career in data compliance, giving a wide variety of 'hands on' experience in a digitally focused, ambitious organisation. It is also an exciting time to join the charity team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.