Early Education Funding Support Officer
Salary Details: AFC spinal point 22-25; £22,506 - £24,510
Hours: 36 (full-time, Monday-Friday)
Location: Kingston Upon Thames
Team: Early Years
Directorate: Education Services
About the Role We are looking to recruit one full-time Early Education Funding Support Officer to join our Early Years Team at this exciting time with the launch of new initiatives and new systems. *Support day-to-day financial/accounting processes and Tribal system. *Undertake a range of financial reconciliations. *Support the maintenance of a range of financial/manual records. *Undertake routine grant and statistical return paperwork. *Provide support to complete tasks required as part of the annual financial cycle; i.e. budget preparation, budget monitoring, and closedown. *Assist the senior finance officer in their financial work as directed. Provide some finance and administrative support to the Early Years Team.
Working for Achieving for Children, you will have the opportunity to operate at the cutting edge of children's services delivery. We are an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, joined in 2017 by Windsor and Maidenhead, and responsible for delivering the boroughs' children's services. We have been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children's services providers in the country.
Achieving for Children (AfC) is passionate about ensuring the best possible outcomes for children, young people and their families and will deliver the services they need to live safe, happy, healthy and successful lives.
Applicants should be able to:
* Demonstrate knowledge of current changes in the childcare sector.
* Use Microsoft packages such as Word, Spreadsheets and Outlook.
* Assist the senior finance officer using financial systems to administer payment to providers (Training will be provided)
* Support the senior finance officer to complete the annual statutory Early Years Census (Training will be provided)
* Work with the senior finance officer to maintain financial systems that facilitate the effective accurate functioning of the Early Years' Service.
* Process orders and invoices - using the finance systems.
* Attend meetings, supervision and training as required.
* Maintain records and databases
You must be able to work confidently and accurately with numerical data and have the ability to analyse data with a view to drawing logical and accurate conclusions. In addition, we are looking for someone who has excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their workload.
How to find out more
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Paul Yiannakou, email@example.com/ 020 8547 5215 for an informal discussion.
Benefits of working for Achieving for ChildrenWe offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, gyms, leisure centres and much more. The successful candidate will have access to;
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support, including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
How to apply Before applying please refer to the job description and person specification (pasted below) and ensure you meet the essential criteria. You will then need to complete the online application, adding a supporting statement addressing how you meet the criteria outlined the role profile. Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. However, should you not declare an offence that is subsequently revealed, e.g. through the DBS check, then this may place your appointment in jeopardy.
Closing Date: 13/05/2018
Interviews - 29/05/2018 onwards