Fundraising & Partnerships Executive / Manager
Position: Fundraising & Partnerships Executive / Manager
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 4th May 2018
Planned Face-to-face Interview Dates: Weeks commencing 23 & 30 April, although we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so you may be contacted earlier for a telephone interview
Location: Farringdon, London
Start Date: ASAP
Gross Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full time permanent
Apps for Good is an award-winning charity that is powering young people to change their world with technology. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve reached over 100,000 students in 1,500 schools globally, helping young people learn to turn bright ideas into real technology products.
Apps for Good is supported by over a thousand technology and business professionals who serve as Expert volunteers for our students, as well as world-class tech industry partners and foundations/trusts including Thomson Reuters, LEGO, Virgin Red, Salesforce and Spotify.
With offices based near Farringdon in Central London, we are a charity with a start-up mindset. We are a highly ambitious and energetic team yet we remain close-knit and friendly, all passionality sharing our belief in Apps for Good’s mission and values.
If you believe in the power of technology and education, then you will be the perfect fit for us.
We’re looking for a new Fundraising and Partnerships Executive or Manager to join our team to support, nurture and grow our fantastic network of funders and partners. Your role, based on experience, will be varied covering all areas of fundraising, partnership management, proposal writing and reporting and strategy.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about social impact and building long-term mutually valuable partnerships. On a daily basis you will work on a number of funded projects across Apps for Good as well as often be out and about meeting new prospects and existing partners. We work with a range of organisations from small start-ups to large global companies and foundations and enjoy growing productive and positive relationships with them, evolving new products to align with sector changes and writing proposals and reports to best demonstrate our growth and impact on the ground.
- Account management and building quality relationships with our existing partners e.g. Comic Relief, Big Lottery Fund, LEGO, eBay and Spotify.
- Meet with existing partners and prospects on a regular basis to provide verbal updates on progress and/or pitch for new funding opportunities.
- Write funding proposals for foundations / trusts and corporate prospects, leading negotiations from initial meeting through to contract.
- Write regular updates and detailed reports for existing funding partners.
- Research into developments and changes in the broader education, tech, CSR and sustainability sectors. Maintain a weekly pipeline of active prospects and explore new funding routes or income sources.
- Work with the wider team on implementation of funded projects and products.
- Support in developing the ongoing Business Development strategy and new product development.
- For Executive role - at least one year experience in one or more of the following areas; fundraising, partnership management, proposal writing, reporting and/or sales.
- For Manager role - at least two years’ experience in one or more of the following areas; fundraising, partnership management, proposal writing, reporting and/or sales.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confident at networking and engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to deliver high quality pitches to external organisations and senior executives.
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across the team and deliver on shared projects.
- Positive, communicative and proactive approach to work and problem-solving.
- Effective time management skills.
- Great self-starter who can oversee projects from start to finish.
- Enthusiasm for Apps for Good and our mission.
- Experience of negotiating and closing high value deals (£50,000+) and account managing large companies and foundations.
- Experience of presenting/speaking in front of large groups of people.
- Experience of working directly with senior stakeholders.
This is a full-time role based in our office in Farringdon, London. We offer flexible working (including ‘Work-from-Home Fridays’), health care insurance and generous holiday allowance, plus you get your birthday off.
Apply for Fundraising & Partnerships Executive / Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly