Chief Executive Officer
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: Full time/ permanent
Salary: £53K - £57K
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks
We are working in partnership with Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity who provide funding for a range of palliative and end-of-life care services to people in Buckinghamshire and parts of Oxfordshire and South Bedfordshire who have life-limiting illnesses. In addition, the Day Hospice offers physical, therapeutic and emotional support to people who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness, but who are able to live independently at home.
The charity is now seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to provide leadership to the Charity and to be responsible for its management, administration and information technology within the strategic policy and agreed frameworks laid down by the Board of Trustees.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Senior leadership experience in a public service or not for profit/charitable setting
- Experience of successfully leading a team or organisation through a period of change
- Strategic leadership, planning and decision making in co-operation with the senior management team and Board of Trustees
- Experience of supporting or developing fundraising strategies through trusts and major donors and other fundraising activities
- High levels of commercial acumen and be financially literate
- Knowledge and understanding of the hospice movement
We are seeking a self-motivated, dynamic and engaging individual with excellent communication skills and presence to provide highly effective leadership. The successful candidate will be able to negotiate effectively and prioritise to tight deadlines, budgets and agreed quality standards
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual. If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV in a word document, with a supporting statement, to Jenny Warner, Managing Director of Charisma Charity Recruitment - firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1509.
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2018
Interview dates: 17 and 23 May 2018