Strategic Funding Officer
We are currently looking for a Strategic Funding Officer to join team in Gilwell Park, East London. You will join us on a full time basis working 35 hours per week for a fixed term contract until December 2020. You will receive a competitive salary of £33,892 per annum plus benefits!
The Strategic Funding Officer Role
Working closely with Scouting Operations colleagues, the Strategic Funding Ofﬁcer will work with a small team to secure external funding that aligns with our strategic objectives. They will deliver activity to identify and cultivate potential funding, design impactful initiatives, produce successful bids and applications, evaluate their impact and share learning.
As our Strategic Funding Officer, you will undertake external facing engagements to bring new partners and funders on board with our work to change the lives of young people, taking ideas from inception to the point of delivery and ensuring robust evaluation and learning. Working alongside a committee of volunteers and colleagues, the Strategic Funding Officer will also work to secure more funding for our internal grant making function, Scout Grants.
What we are looking for in our Strategic Funding Officer:
- Experience in either securing restricted funding from trusts, statutory or commercial sources OR experience in programme delivery (including analysis and diagnosis, design, planning, execution and evaluation) with clear potential in a fundraising function. We do not require degree level education. (E)
- Basic experience of delivering or commissioning methods of measuring the impact of programmes/projects in robust and proportionate ways (HD)
- Good ﬁnance skills for accurate budgeting (D)
- A high level of knowledge, or ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge, in sectors key to The Scout Associations strategic objectives, namely parliamentarians and governmental bodies, third and youth sector organisations and potential funders. (HD)
- Highly developed networking and inﬂuencing skills that result in positive outcomes (D)
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with, and inﬂuence, internal stakeholders (E)
- Highly competent in the use of word processing and excel, data collection and email software, willingness to travel across and UK and undertake occasional out of hours work. (E)
What we can offer you as our Strategic Funding Officer
- Free Parking
- Subsidised Lunch
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Scouting changes lives. We make a positive difference in our communities and improve the life chances and outcomes of young people from every background. We get the chance to work with young people at the most important time in their lives: their childhood.
So if you would like to join the team as our new Strategic Funding Officer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Details of closing and Interview date
Closing Date: Monday 23rd April 2018 at 12 pm
Interview Date: TBC
The Scout Association aims to be an equal opportunities employer.