Strategy Design Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
We are currently looking for a Strategy Design Manager to join team in Gilwell Park, East London. You will join us on a full time basis working 35 hours per week for a fixed term contract for 6 months. You will receive a competitive salary of £41,267 per annum inclusive of Outer London Weighting!
The Strategy Design Manager Role
They will be formally and contractually employed by The Scout Association, sitting within their Policy, Strategy & Innovation Team. They will be line managed by The Scout Association’s Head of Policy, Strategy and Girlguiding’s Head of Growth and Insight.
The role will be hired on fixed term of six months contract, with potential contract extension for phase two and three depending on the success of phase one.
You will be expected to ensure that both NCS and TSA stakeholders are comfortable with the progress and outcomes of the project. This will mean at least four days a month will be spent at the NCS Trust’s office in addition to any project meetings.
The post holder agrees to comply with the safeguarding rules as set out on TSA’s yellow card at all times and be willing to undertake a DBS check.
What we are looking for in our Strategy Design Manager:
We are looking for a self-motivated, dynamic and fast paced individual who has experience of designing youth programmes or other social interventions. They will have had responsibility for programme design, programme evaluation or other forms of other kinds of innovation and design projects. They will be comfortable and experienced in designing and facilitating consultation and research processes. They will be comfortable working autonomously, able to build positive relationships internally and externally, and preferably will be knowledgeable about the National Citizens Service, Scouting or both. They will also have:
- Two or more years of experience in programme design, evaluation or other innovation pipelines. We do not require degree level education. (HD)
- Experience and/or knowledge of non-formal education, character education or youth social action, either on a delivery or policy level (HD)
- Experience of policy development (including research/evaluation, consultation and development of proposals) on the basis of internal and external agendas (HD)
- Highly developed networking and inﬂuencing skills that result in positive outcomes and consistently excellently managed relationships (E)
- Ability to facilitate the piloting of a particular approach, resulting in materials that allow roll out and scaling of speciﬁc practice/models (HD)
- Comfortable spending substantial time in different working environment, namely TSA ofﬁces, NCS Trust ofﬁces and in the ﬁeld.
- Highly competent in the use of word processing, data collection and email software, willingness to travel across UK and undertake occasional out of hours work. (E)
- Taking personal responsibility in supporting, coaching and training others, and helping them through issues (E)
- Engaging with members, external stakeholders and colleagues to understand needs and aspirations (E)
- Assisting/delivering on the setting and cascading of TSA/departmental/team/individual objectives (HD)
- Taking responsibility for ﬁnding out about the work of other TSA departments, and sharing knowledge and skills with others to build broader capability (E)
- Giving timely, constructive and speciﬁc feedback on what has been done well and where there is room for improvement (HD)
What we can offer you as our Strategy Design Manager
- Free Parking
- Subsidised Lunch
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Scouting changes lives. We make a positive difference in our communities and improve the life chances and outcomes of young people from every background. We get the chance to work with young people at the most important time in their lives: their childhood.
So if you would like to join the team as our new Strategy Design Manager then please click ‘Apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Details of closing and Interview date
Closing date: Monday 23rd April 2018 at 12 pm
Interview Date: TBC
The Scout Association aims to be an equal opportunities employer.