Head of Income Generation
- Excellent opportunity for an experienced Corporate Fundraiser
- Drive strategic fundraising partnerships to increase income for the organisation
About Our Client
One in five people across the world live in slums and substandard housing, locking them into a grinding cycle of poverty. This lack of housing negatively affects their health and well-being, educational prospects, and ability to make a living.
Habitat for Humanity's vision is a world where everyone has a safe place to call home. We believe that a decent home helps to permanently break the cycle of poverty and allows families to achieve strength, stability, and self-reliance.
We believe decent homes are the heartbeat of strong communities and so we also fight for land rights for women, upgrade urban slums and informal settlements, improve access to water and sanitation, and help communities become more resilient in the face of natural disasters.
Working in nearly 70 countries, we support the most marginalised and vulnerable in society, and welcome people of all religions and none to partner in our life-changing work. By working hand in hand with communities, since 1976 we have provided over 1 million homes and helped over 6.8 million people.
By joining the Habitat for Humanity Great Britain team, you are not just joining an organisation, you will be joining a vision for a better, stronger, more stable and self-reliant world.
The Head of Income Generation will be responsible for:
- Driving corporate funding by developing and delivering a fundraising strategy which will ensure stability and long term growth for the organisation
- Working collaboratively with the CEO and other senior colleagues to develop new initiatives from inception to execution
- Ensuring a dynamic programme of activity for existing and new corporate partners
- Selling the national and international volunteering opportunities as a corporate product
- Working at both a National and International level as an organisation champion and supporter
- Ensuring engagement with existing corporate partnerships are upheld and nurtured to increase retention and longevity of relationships
- As required, communicating with the board of trustees on key activity
- Full budgetary accountability
- Working with the digital team to promote 'digital first' thinking across the organisation and ensure website and digital communications plan are supporting organisational needs
- Working with the Digital team to develop and test digital fundraising strategies, including volunteer engagement
- Managing the Digital Content Manager and ensuring that the Habitat for Humanity web presence is a key component in growing communications, credibility and income
- Working with the Individual Giving Manager, ensuring that we have manageable calendar of activity and ensuring the programme delivers against a number of key metrics
- Working with the Individual Giving Manager to develop a sustainable legacy programme
- Develop new strategies and tactics to increase support
- Using their network of contacts, experience and creativity to develop and drive forward new income opportunities, across the fundraising landscape
- Becoming a trusted ambassador of Habitat for Humanity Great Britain, building and maintaining a network across the global Habitat for Humanity family
- Individual Giving Manager
- Digital Content Manager
- Senior New Business Officer
The Successful Applicant
- Proven track record of at least three years of corporate fundraising at senior level, developing six-figure partnerships.
- Experience and understanding of how to develop digital content that can drive engagement and income
- Track record of effectively working with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Management experience (including people, budgets, and projects)
- Experience of using Raiser's Edge or similar CRM systems
- Digital experience, whether website, social or other would be an advantage
- Understanding or experience of the individual giving sector would be an advantage
Skills and Aptitudes:
- First class organisational skills including close attention to detail, the ability to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines
- High level of empathy with fundraisers and donors
- Willingness to embed our values across their work
Habitat for Humanity is seeking to rapidly expand its activities and impact to fight poverty across the world. This means that the organisation must be adaptable and have an ambitious, dynamic and flexible staff team.
It is a requirement of the post holder to be flexible in terms of location (within reason), line management, and duties and responsibilities.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Job descriptions may be subject to change.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + benefits and opportunity to travel nationally and internationally
Ref Code: MPSZ13904234Z
Apply for Head of Income Generation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly