Macmillan Social Prescribing Coordinator
Macmillan Social Prescribing Coordinator
They are looking for a motivated and highly organised professional to join the organisation’s dynamic Macmillan Social Prescribing Service. You will play a key role in the smooth delivery of their support service for people living with and beyond cancer. The post holder will coordinate vital service systems (including referrals, data management and evaluation) as well as undertake outreach and deliver telephone support for people living with and beyond cancer.
Our client is an innovative community organisation in east London, working in one of the most deprived boroughs in the UK. Each week they support families, young people and adults to learn new skills, improve their health and wellbeing, find employment and develop the confidence to achieve their goals and transform their lives. At the core of the Centre’s thinking is their belief in people and their capacity to achieve amazing things.
Position: Macmillan Social Prescribing Coordinator
Location: Tower Hamlets, East London
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week (Part Time or Flexible Hours available within reason)
Salary: £25,000 Per Annum (Pro Rata)
Closing date: 19 April 2018 at Midday
Interview date: 24 April 2018
About the role:
- Act as initial point of contact for referrals to the Macmillan Social Prescriber service (staffing the telephone and managing the service email account) providing a single point of access and overview of support on offer
- Identify people’s initial needs and offer signposting to community services. As needed refer to the Macmillan Social Prescribers for further support (e.g. face to face sessions)
- Provide general information on services locally, including signposting and coordinating pro-active referrals
- Maintain the service’s directory of East London services (health trainers/coach services, cancer support groups and employment support providers etc.) to ensure effective and smooth onward referrals
- Maintain and manage the updates/improvements of the monitoring database and provide analysis and data for reporting processes.
- Undertake outreach activities to engage people living with and beyond cancer with the service
- Implement referral feedback process e.g. feedback letters to GP and clinical nurse specialists
- Coordinate promotion and communications (mailout/text reminders) regarding community services available to Macmillan Social Prescribing clients to ensure engagement
- Ensure best practice is reflected on and implemented
- Promote a culture based on the principles of person centred support, ensuring dignity, choice, respect, independence and rights are upheld at all times
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Relevant experience of coordination of services or projects (setting up and maintaining service systems)
- Experience of maintaining and managing databases, including extracting, presenting data and good knowledge of Excel
- Experience of sensitively providing information/support to the public
- Excellent co-ordination and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise and plan own workload and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, written skills, including communicating with a variety of audiences including patients, health care professionals and community service providers
- Excellent data management and data presentation skills
- High level of computer literacy including applied knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience of coordinating service evaluations would be advantageous
- Experience of working with people living with or beyond cancer or other long-term conditions is desirable
You may have experience of the following: Social Prescribing Coordinator, Service Coordinator, Service Delivery Manager, Service Manager, Service Delivery Coordinator, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, Support Coordinator etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.