Strategy & Change Manager
We are currently looking for a Strategy & Change Manager to join team in Gilwell Park, East London. You will join us on a full time basis working 35 hours per week for a fixed term contract until December 2020. You will receive a competitive salary of £42,807 per annum plus benefits, including an external Coach!
The Strategy & Change Manager Role
The position is a shared role between Girlguiding and The Scout Association. It will be critical for the role to build the right relationships, understand the internal working and culture of both organisations and manage their time in a way that ensures both organisations feel parity in the work they undertake.
They will be formally and contractually employed by The Scout Association, sitting within their Policy, Strategy & Innovation Team and supported by their Project Management Office. They will be line managed by The Scout Association’s Head of Policy, Strategy and Girlguiding’s Head of Growth and Insight. The roles terms and conditions, employment policies, etc will therefore be those of The Scout Association. However, all traditional line management processes (such as appointment, supervisions, probation reviews and appraisals) will involve both organisations and the job holder should feel at home in both organisations.
What we are looking for in our Strategy & Change Manager:
We are looking for a talented professional who will work over three years to support collaboration between The Scout Association and Girlguiding. Our new Strategy and Change Manager (Collaboration) will support the sharing of learning regarding how we grow our movements, how we measure our impact and secure support from external funders, explore the potential of greater collaboration in the future and embed a learning culture within our own organisations. They will also have:
- Advanced diplomatic skills, with the ability to build exceptional relationship (E)
- Very comfortable working autonomously, with the ability to manage time across two organisations (E)
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders simultaneously - in terms of geography, time management, relationships and deliverables (HD)
- Comfortable with conflict, able to identify it (and ideally mitigate), to deal with it constructively and in a timely manner (HD)
- Excellent convener of people, able to inspire colleagues around shared goals and support them to reach them without hard line management powers. Experience of facilitating collaborative workshops, both at an organisational level and locally. (E)
- Experience of designing, implementing and evaluating projects, preferably at a regional or national level, resulting in positive impacts for identified communities. (E)
- Supporting a decision making board or equivalent and ensuring informed decisions can be made (HD)
- Basic understanding of qualitative research methods regarding consultation, evaluation, identifying what is working well and making recommendations
- Experience of proactively securing and managing partnerships/collaborations with key external stakeholders (individuals or organisations) with the aim of furthering strategic and operational objectives through excellent partnerships. (E)
- Experience of applying an evidence-driven approach to work through a sound understanding of measuring and communicating impact. (HD)
- Basic understanding of membership led organisations. (HD)
- Experience of servicing the internal policy needs of an organisation (briefings, sector monitoring, speeches etc) (D)
- Willingness to travel across and UK and undertake occasional out of hours work. (E)
What we can offer you as our Strategy & Change Manager
- Free Parking
- Subsidised Lunch
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Scouting changes lives. We make a positive difference in our communities and improve the life chances and outcomes of young people from every background. We get the chance to work with young people at the most important time in their lives: their childhood.
So if you would like to join the team as our new Strategy & Change Manager then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Details of closing and Interview date
Closing Date: Monday 23rd April 2018 at 12 pm
Interview Date: TBC
The Scout Association aims to be an equal opportunities employer.