Assistant International Accountant
7 days left
- Contract Type
Our client is seeking an Assistant International Accountant who will work closely with their two International Finance Business Partners to monitor and support financial management controls, policies and procedures internationally.
Assistant International Accountant
Location: London NW1
Category: Accounting / Finance
Position Type: Permanent - Full-Time
Salary: £30,983 - £34,725 per annum (Inclusive of London Weighting)
About The Organisation
Our client, a charity founded in 1826, is a leading international conservation, science and education charity. Their mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries around the world and through education and engagement at their two zoos, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Reporting to the International Finance Business Partner Manager you will be responsible for assisting colleagues (including those within the Conservation Programmes "CP" Operations team) in the preparation of budgets and monthly management accounts including International activities. You will ensure all income and expenditure is recorded correctly in the accounts and in line with the approved budgets for the international projects. Working closely with budget holders this role will give you some exposure to finance business partnering as well as hand on accounting skills and analysis work.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing charity, where you will have exposure and involvement with the re-engineering of finance processes internationally which will be a real CV enhancing experience. How you communicate finance to a non-finance audience will be vital, as is a desire and passion to learn and develop your skills. Experience of the charity sector is not essential but is highly welcomed and you must be genuinely excited by the prospect of joining a world leading conservation charity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the International Accountants to ensure that the monthly transactional information is accurately reported in the accounting systems.
- Provide support and interface to the finance systems used by the organisation globally, including developing tools, templates and reports that enhance this.
- Providing management financial reporting and addressing queries from budget holders and project managers.
- Support CP Operations and Finance in preparing donor reporting.
- Support CP Operations and Finance in managing external grant related audits.
- Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures for operations overseas and that these are rolled out effectively to country programme offices and across the out of area programmes
Ideally the successful candidate will possess:
- Proven experience in management accounts
- A part qualified accountancy qualification (i.e. ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA) or is actively working towards the qualification, or has the intention to start their finance studies should they be selected for this position.
- Previous experience using financial management systems (i.e. SUN, QuickBooks).
- Understanding of grant funded international work and relevant compliance requirements.
- The ability to interpret financial information.
- Sound organisational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Prior experience developing relationships across departments at multiple levels in an international / multi-cultural organisation
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the International Finance Business Partner Manager and the post will be based at our client's head office in Regents Park, London. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 15th April 2018.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
The charity is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
No agencies please.