Programmes and Partnerships Adviser
3 days left
- Full Time
Programmes and Partnerships Advisor (The Co-op Foundation)
Up to £30,000 + excellent benefits (Grade E)
Manchester city centre
The Co-op Foundation is the Co-op’s charity. We help young people across the UK make a positive contribution to society, and support disadvantaged communities to overcome social, economic and environmental challenges. Now we’re looking to recruit a talented programmes and partnerships advisor to join our team. If you can bring us energy, drive and a genuine passion for our Co-op values and purpose, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business that puts people and communities at the heart of its strategy.
As a programmes and partnerships advisor you’ll make sure the Co-op Foundation’s strategy is translated into high-quality programmes on the ground. Focusing mainly on youth and community projects, we’ll look to you to develop strong partnerships with external organisations as well as a wide range of Co-op colleagues and members. You’ll also help the Foundation to continuously improve its impact by coordinating evaluation and learning activities, and communicating the results of these in an engaging way.
What you’ll do:
- support the delivery of volunteering opportunities for Co-op employees
- develop operational plans for youth and community programmes in line with strategic aims
- coordinate the delivery of programmes as the main contact for operational activities
- liaise with external charity and social enterprise partners
- manage application processes for charities seeking support, and work with successful applicants to evaluate impact
- monitor and analyse external developments in the Foundation’s fields of interest
- contribute to the development and review of policies and procedures
- build collaborative relationships with key internal and external partners
- develop and deliver communications activity including social media, report-writing and events
To be successful you’ll need experience of working with charities or other social change organisations, preferably with a youth, education or community development focus. Great project management skills are essential. It’s also important you’ve got a real passion for our Co-op values, and that you’re able to build strong relationships with all kinds of different people.
We’d love to talk to you if:
- you understand charities and the third sector (particularly volunteer management, grant-making, evaluation and communications)
- you’ve been involved in the delivery of volunteering programmes, youth or community development work (ideally at strategic level)
- you understand the principles of setting up and delivering effective social change programmes
- you have strong project management skills and can manage multiple and varied priorities
- you can influence and build strong relationships with internal and external people
- you are committed to youth and community development in line with our Co-op values
174 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they’re stronger, and it’s thanks to them that when you join the modern Co-op, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about our Co-op people policies.