Finance, Operations and Communications Officer
Access works to make charities and social enterprises in England more financially resilient and self-reliant, so that they can sustain or increase their impact.
We do this through supporting the development of enterprise activity to grow and diversify income, and improving access to the social investment which can help stimulate that enterprise activity.
Access is a spend-down foundation and will be around until the mid-2020s, but the need for this work will continue well beyond that. So we want to create partnerships which can outlive us, test and learn from new approaches, and generate knowledge which improves the work of others seeking the same goals.
We also want to reach as deep as possible into the charity and social enterprise sector. Therefore our approach is to work through other organisations to deliver our programmes and investments. These include social investment funds, community foundations, sector infrastructure organisations, grant managers, social investment advisors and researchers.
Access is at an exciting time in its development, we are entering the second phase of our ten year life. We have a new focus on supporting enterprise development and are developing a new £10m blended finance programme with funds from dormant accounts.
We are recruiting a Finance, Operations and Communications Officer. This role will include responsibilities across finance, communications and staff and governance support. This is a unique opportunity to join a small team of seven in a pioneering organisation. You will also benefit from Access being co-located with Big Society Capital and have the opportunity to participate in learning and development opportunities within both organisations.
Outline Job Description
Main responsibilities include:
- Processing all transactions in the accounting system (Twinfield)
- Dealing with any queries on invoices and payments and ensuring all authorisations are in place prior to payment
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual financial statements and for the year-end audit process
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, as well as the budget and forecasting processes
- Together with the Finance and Operations manager. assist in ensuring compliance with data protection regulations
- Assisting in the maintenance of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System (Salesforce)
- Leading on delivering the organisation’s online and social media presence
- Responsible for maintaining the organisation’s website, both from a design and content perspective
- Writing and curating content for the monthly e-newsletter, as well as distribution thereof
- Along with colleagues, developing content for blogs, reports and other communications
- Dealing with online and telephone customer enquiries
Staff and Governance Support:
- Arranging and managing papers for a variety of committee and board meetings
- Writing and compiling minutes post meetings
- Providing administrative support to the CEO and senior leadership team (e.g. diary management, dealing with travel arrangements, event co-ordination and logistics etc.)
- Providing support to the trustees as required (e.g. expenses, papers, travel arrangements etc.)
- Welcoming visitors to the Access office, including arranging logistics for meetings
Essential skills and key personal attributes include:
- Excellent written and literacy skills (e.g. experience in drafting minutes)
- Good inter-personal skills to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels (both internally and externally)
- Strong numeracy skills with an understanding of accounting concepts
- Strong IT skills, especially with sound experience of the MS Office Suite
- First class organisational skills, good attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Quick to grasp new information and ability to prioritise a busy workload
- An ‘ideas’ person who is confident to suggest and implement changes
- A committed team player who happily goes the extra mile
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a fast paced, changing environment
- Experience of basic book keeping (e.g. processing invoices for payment) and understanding of financial processes.
- Experience of working with a customer relationship management system (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience working in the charity and/or social investment sector
Closing date: 9am 23rd April 2018
Please visit our website for details of how to apply. Although subject to change, Round 1 interviews are currently scheduled for Monday 30th April and Round 2 interviews for Tuesday 8th May.