Social Care Services Manager
- High profile role promoting and developing Four Square's social care services
- Work closely with commissioners and stakeholders to develop services & projects
About Our Client
In helping thousands of homeless and other vulnerable people over more than 35 years, Four Square's work is based on a commitment to the aims and principles they see as fundamental to their purpose of... Preventing Homelessness and promoting inclusion.
Four Square providing the following services:-
- 1. Accommodation and Support:- 2 hostels along with 18 training flats providing a safe and secure place for young for young people (16-25) total of 40 bed spaces plus a 20 bedded Domestic Abuse Refuge
- 2. Advice and Advocacy, offering Visiting support to tenants in their own homes (WISH) along with advice and advocacy service EHAP (Edinburgh Housing Advice Partnership) to residents and tenants , with the aim of helping people avoid homelessness
- 3. Learning and Employability, Four Square's Springboard and Connected learning and employability services provide a broad range of skills development opportunities, work focused accredited and non-accredited training and employability support across the age ranges
- 4. Enterprise and Sustainability, since 1993 Edinburgh Furniture initiative has been helping homeless people turn a house into a place they can call home. 2 EFI superstores selling quality second hand furniture. Prison canteen in HMP Edinburgh
Run by Heather Arni CEO previously shortlisted for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2016.
Governance and Strategy
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation as an active member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) working closely with the Chief Executive, Board and its committees.
- Monitor, evaluate and review practice to ensure Four Square is working to the highest standards.
As part of SMT, create and respond to opportunities for growth by:
- Building effective relationships with commissioners and other funders; developing effective partnerships with other agencies, identifying tendering/funding opportunities and developing bids/proposals, ensuring that Four Square sustains a high profile in external business and partnership activity with Third Sector Organisations and City of Edinburgh Council.
- Maximise opportunities to increase Four Square's quality profile with all external organisations in order to promote and expand the business base.
- Ensure that Four Square is conforming, complying and delivering on standards set by commissioning and regulatory bodies.
- Review and maintain operational procedures to ensure the organisation meets its agreed strategic objectives, and is adhering to policy.
- Establish and maintain appropriate performance measures and indicators which enable Four Square to produce evidence of its operational achievements against set targets.
- Monitor service standards and prepare reports on performance as required.
- Undertake reviews of each Social Care service area to ensure Four Square's policies, best practice and changing needs of the services are always met.
- Work closely with the local authority to ensure positive reviews are undertaken.
- Contribute to effective client engagement in service delivery, development and monitoring/auditing to ensure our services are provided appropriately to clients' developing needs.
- Lead, manage and motivate by leading, managing and inspiring teams of Service Managers/Team Leaders/Coordinators using a participative style as the norm, ensuring a culture is developed and sustained within the organisation that is conducive to team work, continuous improvement and learning.
- Coaching direct reports in an appropriate leadership and management technique to ensure required culture is embedded.
- Ensure that all communication channels are open, and that information flows up, down and across your area of responsibility.
- Ensure the appropriate application and adherence to organisational policy and procedure.
- Agree and monitor performance targets for direct reports, and challenge and deal with non-performance.
- Participate in recruitment processes as required.
- Leading on major change issues undertaking appropriate consultation activities, and implementing change where required in a timely and effective manner.
- Take an active part in the on-call system which operates across the Social Care services.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to monitor, understand, and challenge financial results.
- Ensure efficiency saving strategies are devised and implemented where necessary.
- Assist the Chief Executive in the formulation of performance management measures.
The Successful Applicant
- Planning, allocating and evaluating work carried out by teams, individuals and self.
- Displays high level leadership skills.
- Recommending, monitoring and controlling the use of resources.
- Understanding of the funding environment.
Professionalism / Quality
- Conduct which reflects positively on the organisation.
Problem solving and Decision making
- Seeks, organises and evaluates information for action.
- Formulating strategy and translating into practical plans, considering the wider impact and implications of decisions made.
- Building relationships and motivating people through an open, honest and strong approach.
Managing Service Delivery and Service Development
- Maintains, improves and develops the service and contributes to the implementation of change.
- Educated to degree level in Social Work or Health or with equivalent relevant professional and/or managerial qualification. SVQ level 4/5 ideally with RMA (Registered Managers Award)
- Will need to hold SSSC Registration along with Care Inspectorate
Intermediate IT Competency
- The ability to create Word and/or Excel documents for external bodies, (e.g. letters, reports and/or spreadsheet graphs).
- A demonstrable record of achievement in a complex social enterprise, charity or public sector organisation, ideally within the Homelessness Sector.
- Strong business management and financial skills demonstrated through a track record of successful business planning, income generation and budget management.
- Strong leadership and team building skills with a track record of providing direction and leadership in a way that nurtures talent, inspires confidence and commitment and encourages ideas, innovation and initiative from others.
- A strong track record of valuing and engaging people who use services at all levels of an organisation's work.
What's on Offer
Ref Code: MPSZ13907956Z