Big Society Capital has a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our Investment Team as an Investment Director. The appointment is permanent and full time, based primarily in our offices in Central London. Director level salary is £50k - £70k per annum plus competitive benefits package.
About Big Society Capital
Big Society Capital improves the lives of people in the UK by connecting social investment to charities and social enterprises. We engage with investors, fund managers, charities and social enterprises to make it easier to use social investment.
With our co-investors, we have made over £1bn of new capital available to organisations with a social mission, through investments into fund managers and social banks.
We have a special focus on: providing homes for people in need; supporting communities to improve lives; and early action to prevent problems.
Here at Big Society Capital we believe that successful organisations are purpose driven, performance orientated and principle led. The following five organisational values have become our ‘guiding beacon’: Purposeful, Pioneering Spirit, Openness, Rigorous, Respectful.
We are a diverse organisation with employees from a range of backgrounds that seeks to reflect and represent the range of experiences within UK society. We are looking for candidates who share our values and can demonstrate the behaviours that will enable our organisation to succeed.
You will help create lasting improvements in people’s lives by identifying socially impactful and financially viable investment opportunities through working closely with BSC colleagues, sector experts and intermediaries. You will also help more social enterprises and charities to find appropriate social investment by raising awareness of where opportunities exist.
For the Director role, you will have:
- A passion for, and demonstrable commitment to Big Society Capital’s social mission and the UK social sector
- A strong background in business analysis (such as strategy consulting, venture capital or investment banking) in either the private, social or public sector
- Experience of managing people, leading teams, and forming collaborative partnerships Ability to work closely with investee teams, and dynamically prioritise projects around impact quality and likelihood
- Ability to process and break down investment proposals; analysing social impact, risk and return to make a decision on whether an investment is suitable given BSC’s objectives
- Proven project management skills (desirable)
- Experience of operating at, working alongside, and presenting recommendations to either executive or board levels within organisations (desirable)
- UK social sector employment or voluntary experience (desirable)
- Deal execution skills including comfort with negotiating legal documentation (desirable)
- Relevant experience in one of BSC’s strategic focus areas (communities, homes and early action) (desirable)
- Experience of dealing with complexity and uncertainty
- A strategic, innovative and creative way of thinking
- The Ability to approach problem solving in an open and empathetic way with multiple stakeholders
All offers of employment are subject to documents to prove Right to Work in the UK and the receipt of satisfactory references.
Visit http://www.bigsocietycapital.com/careers for a full job description.
To apply, submit your application via the Apply button.
No agencies please!
Closing date for applications: 09:00 Monday 23rd April 2018