Big Society Capital has a fantastic opportunity for talented individuals to join our Investment Team – either as an Investment Manager or an Investment Director. The appointment is permanent and full time, based primarily in our offices in Central London. Depending on experience, Manager level salary is £40k - £55k per annum.
About Big Society Capital
Big Society Capital improves the lives of people in the UK by connecting social investment to charities and social enterprises. We engage with investors, fund managers, charities and social enterprises to make it easier to use social investment.
With our co-investors, we have made over £1bn of new capital available to organisations with a social mission, through investments into fund managers and social banks.
We have a special focus on: providing homes for people in need; supporting communities to improve lives; and early action to prevent problems.
Here at Big Society Capital we believe that successful organisations are purpose driven, performance orientated and principle led. The following five organisational values have become our ‘guiding beacon’: Purposeful, Pioneering Spirit, Openness, Rigorous, Respectful.
We are a diverse organisation with employees from a range of backgrounds that seeks to reflect and represent the range of experiences within UK society. We are looking for candidates who share our values and can demonstrate the behaviours that will enable our organisation to succeed.
You will help create lasting improvements in people’s lives by identifying socially impactful and financially viable investment opportunities through working closely with BSC colleagues, sector experts and intermediaries. You will also help more social enterprises and charities to find appropriate social investment by raising awareness of where opportunities exist.
For the Manager role, you will have:
- A passion for, and demonstrable commitment to Big Society Capital’s social mission and the UK social sector
- A background in work experience relevant to Big Society Capital objectives (such as social enterprise, finance and consulting)
- Been a proven self-starter; able to build relationships to source investment ideas to address social issues
- Experience of detailed analysis
- Proven project management skills (desirable)
- Proven relationship building and influencing skills (desirable)
- A hunger to learn and be involved in building the social investment market
- UK social sector employment or voluntary experience (desirable)
All offers of employment are subject to documents to prove Right to Work in the UK and the receipt of satisfactory references.
Visit http://www.bigsocietycapital.com/careers for a full job description.
To apply, submit your application via the Apply button.
No agencies please!
Closing date for applications: 09:00 Monday 23rd April 2018