Office Administrator (maternity cover)
We are now seeking maternity cover for a part-time Office Administrator for 2 days/week starting mid-May 2018, initially for 9 months. The hours can be worked flexibly with prior agreement of the Director. Some evening or weekend work might be required.
Please send your CV and a one page covering letter outlining your key skills and experience by email to info[at]dsnuk.org by Wednesday 18 April 2018. Please put Office Administrator in the subject line.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organise and take minutes for key meetings – including quarterly Board meetings and AGM.
- Providing secretarial assistance to the Executive Director & diary management.
- Maintain and update DSN-UK website and social media.
- Update membership database and complete annual Gift Aid submission
- Maintenance of filing and computerised database systems and email lists.
- Dealing with general enquires by email, telephone or post.
- Answering incoming telephone calls promptly and efficiently in order to promote a positive impression of DSN at all times.
- Greeting guests and providing suitable refreshments where appropriate.
- Ordering of stationery and general supplies.
- Photocopying and filing where necessary.
- Undertake such duties and responsibilities appropriate to the role as the Executive Director may request.
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded and reconcile all bank statements.
- Enter petty cash transactions, including staff expenses and debit card transactions.
- Ensure all financial records are clear and complete and filing is up-to-date.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for donor proposals to ensure all relevant costs are included full recovery of DSN core costs where permitted, and that the budget is accurate and comprehensive. Undertake reviews/revisions as needed.
- Follow up on all internal and external queries as quickly as possible.
Essential skills/ experience
- GCSEs (or equivalent), including English and Maths
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Experience of working in an office, including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in taking formal minutes or notes
- Ability to carry out instructions quickly and accurately
- Good telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and sometimes unsupervised
- Ability to work as a member of a very small team.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Update and maintain a website
- Self starter able to take the lead in his/her area.
- Customer Service experience
- Comfortable working on routine tasks
- Management of spread sheets for budgeting, financial analysis and reporting.
- Self-motivated, resilient, proactive and confident
- Efficient in aspects of administration. Can work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Occasional requirement to work extended hours including some evening and possible evening work.
- Ability to work in a very small organisation
- Interest in social justice and human rights, ethics and caste discrimination.