Head of Programme Improvement
1 day left
- Contract Type
Power To Change is seeking a Head of Programme Improvement, a vital new role created to support the Programmes team. With an £18.4 million spend commitment for 2018, the Programmes team is responsible for the delivery of high quality funding programmes to community businesses across England, as well as across targeted sectors and ‘places’. The new post holder will provide more capacity for the Programmes team to proactively track trends, issues and learning from across programme delivery. The latter will allow the team to continuously improve delivery and contribute to shared external learning where it is relevant to the wider social sector.
Power to Change is the independent charitable trust that supports community businesses in England, endowed by the Big Lottery Fund. Our vision is better places through community business. We want to back people to build successful community businesses for the benefit of their local places.
You will be working with other like-minded passionate professionals in our organisation to build the profile of a movement that will change the face of the country.
- Focusing on continuous improvement to PTC’s funding programmes so that they are responsive to latest evidence and learning, and ensuring that decision-making is consistent and informed by learning from across programmes.
- Ensuring that data produced across programmes and through the dashboard and hypotheses is used to inform decisions made by PMs, in making funding decisions and to inform strategic priorities, such as the annual business planning process.
- Supporting information literacy across the organisation through team sessions and individual support, commissioning additional training when needed.
- Jointly coordinating quarterly intelligence days, with the R&D Head of Impact.
- In liaison with Head of Impact, setting the scope for the Data & IT Manager to produce programme reporting data metrics and agreed management reporting requirements.
- Regular dissemination of PTC’s learning from its funding approaches through publications and presentations at relevant external events.
- Leading PTC’s work to continuously improve our funding systems and funding policies drawing on our internal funding data, external datasets and research, and feedback from the community business sector. Using this work to rapidly drive changes to our funding programme processes systems and decision-making.
- Driving through a reporting system that enables all PTC staff to access high-quality information on our funding programmes. This will involve close collaboration with the Data and IT Manager.
- Working with the leadership team to ensure annual business planning and strategic developments are in line with learning and evidence.
- Supporting the development of evidence and impact reporting to the Board alongside the Head of Impact.
- Working with the Head of Open Funding and Head of Places & Sectors to present regular in-depth progress reports to our Board Grants Committee. Ensuring PTC’s oversight of funding programme reporting structures meet PTC’s internal reporting needs and those for its Board Grants Committee.
- Responsibility for setting and updating PTC’s grants policy framework, taking into account charity law, the needs of community businesses and learning from our programmes.
- Leading a small team to support Programmes staff to meet programme improvement challenges, and to solve specific problems within programmes.
- Leading an internal learning programme and enabling staff to use and interpret the breadth of data available from our programmes and apply it directly to their work.
Essential skills & experience:
- Educated to degree level or above
Minimum two years:
- Experience of cross-team working and driving change across teams as will involve working closely with Research & Development, Programmes, and Finance & Operations
- Experience of large scale grant-making
- Experience of driving continuous improvement, using data and evaluation work to refine and develop funding systems
- Track record of innovation, challenging existing processes and ways of working with creative ideas
- Track record of creating highly motivated and high performing teams
- Good understanding of and, ideally, experience of working in the social enterprise and/or community business sectors
- Track record of applying analytical thought to large volumes of data, particularly financial data, in order to distil key information, trends and learning, which can then be applied to operational change
- Familiarity with charity law, social investment and state aid legislation and the implications for a large independent charitable trust
We are an equal opportunities employer, Disability Confident and a Mindful Employer and welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
Our colleagues are expected to:
Positively support equality and diversity both within Power to Change and externally
Help maintain a safe working environment and take responsibility for own and colleagues' health and safety
Undertake such other duties to support the team as may be requested
Apply for Head of Programme Improvement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly