Deputy Manager (Residential Children's Home)
Deputy Manager (Residential Children’s Home)
Our client is looking for a Deputy Home Manager to join a team offering therapeutic residential care for males aged between 11-18 years who have difficulties related to attachment and developmental trauma, and who have perpetrated sexually harmful behaviour.
Position: Deputy Home Manager
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Salary: £25,000 to £29,000 per annum
Benefits: including enhanced disclosure cost coverage, a generous annual leave entitlement, cycle to work scheme, Nest Pension option and childcare vouchers. they support continued professional development and provide a wealth of opportunities for growth.
About the role:
The Deputy Home Manager will provide a combination of support to the young people in the home and leadership to the team of which they are in charge, and deputise in the Manager’s absence.
- Taking a lead in providing excellent standards of individualised care
- Meeting the emotional, physical and developmental needs of the children and young people
- Promoting positive experiences and progress for children and young people
- Protecting the welfare of children and young people
- Enabling the children and young people to build resilience
- Enabling children and young people to reduce risk of perpetrating further sexual harm
- Enabling children and young people to develop social and emotional skills
- Promoting life skills with the children and young people
- Acting as a Key Worker for a named child when required
- Providing leadership, guidance, motivation, creativity and management to other staff
- Facilitating reflective supervision for team members
- Undertaking on-call duties for the home
- Providing staff training as required
- Working to a shift pattern including weekends and sleeping in duties
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Working in line with The Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015
- Successful applicants will display a positive and resilient attitude
- They will act as a role model to the children and young people and will uphold clear and consistent boundaries
- They will display empathy, creativity and a sense of fun
- They will have good written’ verbal communication skills and strong leadership skills
- they offer excellent induction for staff and ongoing training opportunities in attachment informed approaches (Dyadic Developmental Practice) and the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management
- they provide benefits including enhanced disclosure cost coverage, a generous annual leave entitlement, cycle to work scheme, Nest Pension option and childcare vouchers
- they support continued professional development and provide a wealth of opportunities for growth
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Staff, Young People, Voluntary Sector, Residential Care Worker, Community Development, Challenging Behaviour, Social Care Worker, Community Services, NHS Support Worker, Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Deputy Manager etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.