Head of Communications and Engagement
- Fantastic opportunity to drive the communications and engagement agenda
- Working for one of the largest teaching hospital trusts in the country
About Our Client
BSUH is one of the largest teaching hospital trusts in the country with an exciting future ahead of it. Serving a population of almost 300,000 people in Brighton and Hove, as well as providing specialist services to the rest of Sussex, the organisation has a new executive team at the helm led by Marianne Griffiths, named as the country's most influential NHS chief executive by the Health Service Journal.
The Trust has ambitious plans for the future, with a £460m redevelopment of the County hospital in Brighton already underway and a further £30m investment in a new A&E and urgent care centre.
The health sector regulator, the Care Quality Commission, has also recognised significant improvements to services since August 2016. The new leadership team and investment combined with the skill, dedication and talent of the people who work in its hospitals in Brighton and Haywards Heath, mean these improvements will lead to BSUH becoming recognised as one of the leading trusts in the country.
Are you looking to put your outstanding communication and leadership skills to good use for an ambitious organisation that provides health care for the population of Brighton and Hove?
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust (BSUH) is looking for an exceptional Head of Communications and Engagement, who will help the organisation fulfil its potential.
Working with the Communications and Engagement Director, you will help us build on the improvements made to date and ensure the organisation moves out of special measures for both quality and finance. Our new Head of Communications and Engagement will play a key role in leading and inspiring this work, improving staff engagement throughout the organisation and our reputation externally.
The Successful Applicant
You will have proven experience leading communications and be able to demonstrate how you will ensure the organisation harnesses the power of effective communications and engagement to achieve its objectives.
- Have significant experience at a senior level, developing effective communications strategies to help organisations meet their objectives and providing communications advice, expertise and leadership and be able to manage a team of skilled professionals
- Demonstrate extensive internal and external communications experience, working with staff at all levels of an organisation as well as internal and external stakeholder groups, media, regulators and partners
- Be self-motivated with a desire to achieve and have great interpersonal communications skills
- Have exceptional writing skills
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent and have evidence of continued professional development
If this sounds like you please apply via the link!
What's on Offer
By joining Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust, you will receive the following:
- Competitive salary (Agenda for Change Band 8b.)
- NHS Pension scheme
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays, rising to 33 days with 10 years' service.
- Access to a leadership development programme
This position will be based predominantly at Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with travel to Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath and coordination with your counterparts at Western Sussex Hospitals (Worthing and Chichester).
The advert closing date is Friday 13th April.