Director of Finance
We are Caritas Anchor House, a high performing and innovative East London-based homeless and social action charity who offer a residential and life-skills centre for single homeless adults and act as a community empowerment hub in the local area. We support over 220 homeless people each year and receive thousands of visits to our facility, engaging with our wider community services.
Formerly a seaman’s mission, Anchor House was established in 1962 by the Catholic London Inter-Diocesan Council of the Apostleship of the Sea.
In January 2014, we changed our name from Anchor House to Caritas Anchor House. This was part of a planned move towards becoming a community focused centre of excellence and innovation, and whilst we remain in essence the same organisation, the addition of Caritas to our name is a reflection that, while an independent charity, we are a part of a wider national and international network of Catholic charities who share the same vision and principles.
Our five goals are:
- Deliver lasting impact
- Supporting community resilience
- Strong Foundations
- Enabling staff
- Purposeful collaborations
Cartitas Anchor House actively:
- strives to support people into paid employment and into independent living with their own tenancies through the Aspirations Programme
- encourages residents to help and mentor each other
- promotes self-esteem, skills development and confidence through employment and volunteering opportunities within CAH
- provides facilities for external work-based training providers offering training and qualifications in construction, catering and customer services
- monitored and evaluates all activities in a continual quest for improvement
We are now seeking a new Director of Finance, reporting to the Chief Executive, as a key member of our senior management team. You will lead all aspects of our finance services, develop and implement our financial strategy, and have responsibility for assisting the Chief Executive with governance, IT and other wider corporate issues. ’You will lead all aspects of our finance services, develop and implement our financial strategy, and have responsibility for assisting the Chief Executive with governance, IT and other wider corporate issues
To succeed you will have:
- a strong professional background in financial management
- an excellent understanding of the regulatory and compliance context or the ability to rapidly acquire that
- excellent management skills, a focus on business performance, and the ability to think and plan strategically and operationally
- demonstrable experience as a senior professional, with a financial qualification,
- the ability to explain financial issues to non-financial managers and Director
- commercial nous to oversee future social enterprise activity
- a strong team ethic and first class communication skills along with the ability to influence effectively across the organisation.
Caritas Anchor House is an equal opportunities employer. This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
To apply please download further details of the position from www.maryleboneassociates.com/jobs
Apply online by submitting your CV along with a personal statement addressing the person specification. For an informal confidential discussion call Richard Evans on 07958 984161 or 020 3126 4858 or Debbie Robinson on 07855 313097 or 020 3126 4858
Closing date for applications: 23 April 2018
Longlist Interviews: 25 April – 4 May 2018
Final Panel Interviews: 15 May
To find out more visit www.caritasanchorhouse.org.uk