Senior Finance Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
We are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Manager to support our CEO and key stakeholders with a high-quality finance service in this new role within our small yet growing team. The successful candidate will have experience of hands-on accounting practice within the Charity Sector and the ability to explain complex financial information to members of the team at varying levels as well as promoting financial accountability.
Prism the Gift Fund (Prism) increases giving to charity by offering a personal service to those donating large sums of money. We're a registered charity working with high net worth individuals, foundations and groups of donors to administer their charitable giving. Our growing team is a talented team of exceptional colleagues who are professional, dynamic and hard working. On 7 March 2018, Prism the Gift Fund won the MPF Award for Management Excellence 2018 for ‘Best Philanthropy Engagement’.
- Partnering with the Head of Internal Systems and Operations and Senior Relationship Manager to ensure all appropriate financial processes and controls are in place
- Managing the Finance team and supporting them to provide a high quality financial service function
- Training and developing the Relationship Managers on all financial aspects and ensuring full compliance with FCA regulations
- Providing financial reporting which is both accurate and adds value strategically
- Managing SAGE and ensuring all client reports are accurate
- Oversight and input into the preparation of quarterly VAT returns and VAT invoices for Prism and associated organisations
- Oversight and input into the preparation of quarterly statements and gift aid tax statements for clients
- Management of all financial input into the individual client software system including the updating and monitoring of client balances
- Partnering with external stakeholders to ensure all annual accounts are submitted
- Oversight of Prism's investments - recording all investment information, liaising with asset managers, managing paperwork for new investments and gifts of assets etc
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has strong inter-personal skills and can get the processes and controls working smoothly. We're looking for someone talented and engaging, with a positive attitude to work who can quickly develop the team towards a high quality financial service function. You will be highly organised, conscientious and process driven with the ability to create a focus on the monthly finance timetable and financial controls. This is a role for someone who is passionate about financial leadership and enjoys working as part of a small team.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Highly numerate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to communicate effectively at all levels and with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience of working with confidential or sensitive data with knowledge of how to communicate and store information safely
- Focused with meticulous attention to detail and proven ability to undertake tasks required to a high level of accuracy
- Extremely organised with the ability to work under pressure, use initiative and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Experience of managing bespoke databases and maintaining records and filing systems accurately
- Excellent computer skills being proficient in Microsoft Office and other software tools for managing a variety of internal processes
- Knowledge and understanding of the Charity Sector
- Previous experience of Sage accounting system
- Leading accountancy qualifications desirable but not essential
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and covering letter to Alison via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide evidence of your ability to match the criteria outlined in the role competencies and ensure your cover letter includes details of your latest salary and notice period.
Apply for Senior Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly