Director of Programmes, Innovation & Funding
Christian Aid is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organisations. For over 70 years Christian Aid has worked with the World’s poorest to tackle the causes and consequences of poverty regardless of religion, ethnicity or nationality. They operate in 37 countries and are the official relief, development and advocacy agency of 41 sponsoring churches in Britain and Ireland, and part of the church community worldwide.
The Programme Innovation & Funding (PIF) Group works in collaboration with other colleagues across Christian Aid’s Global Partnership to deliver a quality service that supports the design, development, implementation and funding of innovative programmes with lasting transformational change for people living in poverty. PIF currently represents over 55% of Christian Aid’s income and has approximately 65 staff.
Christian Aid has gone through a period of significant change to create a new and more efficient way of working; breaking down silos and so delivering a more integrated, joined up and connected approach to fundraising. This is an exciting time to join Christian Aid; to take the lead in nurturing and growing the development of Christian Aid’s relationship with key donors, inspiring their engagement to support transformational interventions that can bring about deep and lasting change for those living in poverty.
The Director of PIF will sit as part of the Senior Management team reporting directly into Christian Aid’s new Chief Executive, Amanda Mukwashi.
- Take the lead on the development of new high value donor relationships and creative partnerships, ensuring the Department meets ambitious agreed income targets across its funding portfolio of institutions, trusts, foundations, major donors and the private sector.
- Ensure PIF provides effective support to the design, development and delivery of high quality, high impact funded programmes that bring about deep and lasting change, at scale.
- Champion an organisation-wide commitment to continuous programme quality improvement through the cycle of learning and facilitate the development of innovative initiatives that support new programme approaches and resourcing models.
- Represent Christian Aid externally with key stakeholders and work closely with all other Directors and their Departments to ensure integration, coherency and coordination.
- Significant leadership experience in an international organisation, of comparable scale and complexity. A strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of the current issues relating to international development, in particular the focus areas of Christian Aid, is highly desirable.
- Proven experience leading from the front, setting demanding targets and focusing on outcomes.
- Creative, entrepreneurial and innovative; a strong and confident networker who can inspire and influence whilst not afraid to take risks and ensure delivery.
- A committed Christian in agreement with and committed to the Christian Aid’s Vision and Mission.
For further information and details on how to apply, please click on the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle 020 7518 2635 or Christina Hargreaves 020 7529 1122.
Please note that although this advert expires on 20th April 2018, applications will be accepted via the Berwick Partners website until Monday 27th April 2018.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Marketing Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Campaigning Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Senior Management Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Business Development & Commercial Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in London (Greater)