Grenzebach Glier and Associates (GG+A), a leading international philanthropic management consulting firm, seeks to grow its business and impact by recruiting highly qualified full-time consulting staff. Based throughout the United Kingdom and Europe, our Consultants work with colleagues under the general supervision of a Practice Area Leader, and with the support of our London-based Assistant Vice President, plus Consulting Associates, Project Managers, and Project Assistants based in the firm’s Chicago headquarters. They may serve as one member of a larger project team, or as the Project Director, leading data collection, performing rigorous analysis, and producing clear, compelling, insightful, and accurate reports for GG+A’s clients. They will play a key role in ensuring that GG+A’s clients receive the thoughtful, insightful, and reliable data-driven advice that has become synonymous with the GG+A brand. They may work on projects focused primarily on fundraising counsel to a particular nonprofit sector such as Higher Education or Healthcare, or on a particular discipline such as Advancement Services or Strategic Communications. Whatever their area of emphasis, they will need extensive people, communication, analytical, project management, and organisational skills; and a high level of quality and accuracy.
Building a book of new and extended client business is critical, requiring successful Consultants to focus significant efforts on business development and sales in order to establish and develop a pipeline of upcoming business, while simultaneously ensuring that current clients receive thoughtful, accurate, and timely services and reports. GG+A Consultants are expected and incentivised to leverage opportunities presented by personal and professional networks, lapsed client relationships of the firm, and scheduled client travel to arrange and conduct client outreach visits. Consultants contribute to or lead the development of project proposals, supported by the London-based AVP along with Chicago-based business development staff, and participate in sales presentations and outreach initiatives.
Compensation includes a base salary and pension benefits, and an incentive programme.
- Provides consulting services to client institutions including fundraising programme assessments, strategic planning (feasibility) studies, campaign planning, major gift programme planning and execution, staff and volunteer training, strategic planning, alumni relations assessments, case for support development, etc.
- Liaises with client organisation staff and leaders with respect and confidence, including senior leadership across and beyond advancement functions.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to working as part of a team on client engagements across a spectrum of non-profit organisations that vary by size, mission, and sector.
- Works simultaneously on numerous projects, some as a Project Director and some under the project direction of others.
- Performs and supervises on- and off-site data collection; project interviews with key client staff and stakeholders; background client research; cohort analysis; comparative data analytics; etc.
- Reviews colleagues’ analysis and further analyses collected client and benchmarking data and findings to refine charts, findings, and recommendations.
- Compiles and presents clear, compelling, cohesive, accurate, and persuasive presentations and reports, with the support of the AVP and consulting resources support team. Such compilation and review usually includes the reconciliation of anecdotal findings, benchmarking data, and other analytics to ensure alignment throughout the report/presentation.
- Develops and works his/her own Individual Plan (annual sales, marketing, and growth plans).
- Takes initiative to seek and secure new clients and business; participates in business development and sales presentations/initiatives to build GG+A’s client base.
- Works on special projects, serves as a citizen of the firm and a member of the UK/Europe Practice Area, and executes other duties as assigned.
- Apprises Practice Area and firm leaders on the progress of projects, opportunities for new or extended business, and the development of intellectual property that can be leveraged to serve other clients and projects.
- Manages own billable, non-billable, and marketing hours and tracks and records such hours against defined project deliverables and timelines.
- Ensures budget and deliverable timeframe and overall scope of project accurately depicts the needs given the project scope.
- Continues to stay abreast of the field and industry advances and best practices, and to ensure that the firm is indeed a leader in creating and advancing best practices.
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can provide advice to a variety of organisations, tailoring his/her delivery to a client’s specific culture or need.
- Ability to influence leadership by providing data-driven recommendations that show clients the “why” as well as the “how.”
- Proactive, self-starter who can think strategically, analytically, and entrepreneurially.
- Excellent organisational, time, and project management skills, including the proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Able to apply a rigorous, analytical approach to client situations and identify solutions that are grounded in evidence and experience.
- Emotional intelligence and intuition necessary to appropriately engage multiple personalities in a variety of client environments.
- Adapt quickly and able to work simultaneously for numerous lead Consultants with different personalities and working styles.
- Able to delegate, provide oversight to, mentor and manage fellow Consultants, Consulting Associates, Project Managers, and Project Assistants as appropriate within projects.
- Comfortable and successful working independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Possesses strong customer service orientation; open, adaptable and achievement-focused.
- Comfortable and effective interacting with senior-level development professionals and high net worth individuals.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, including impeccable verbal and written communication skills. Able to synthesise data from a group of individuals into a clear, concise, single voiced report grounded in data.
- Lets hard data guide conclusions and recommendations; does not jump to conclusions.
- Judgement and maturity to present findings and recommendations in a confident, inspiring manner.
- Results orientation with high expectations for quality and accuracy.
- Flexible and willing to handle new and different tasks.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment; critical thinker; communicative, consultative problem solver.
- Proactive learner with natural curiosity to learn and explore issues. Client focused with an intense intellectual interest about each individual organisation and what makes it unique.
- Strong analytical ability and a keen attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8+ years of direct fundraising experience with exposure to campaign planning and implementation.
- Legally eligible to work in the UK, independent of GG+A.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), SharePoint, and Tableau tools helpful.
- Demonstrable knowledge and interest in fundraising best practices and the non-profit sector.
- Strong sales skills; significant drive to build a client base.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Professional and confident demeanor.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and positive attitude, with the ability to produce top-quality work under pressure.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Adaptable and flexible team player with a willingness to take on assignments as they arise.
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% - 90% of the time.
GG+A has built a high-performance culture across all of its products and services. It is client-centric and committed to responding swiftly to client needs and requirements. It is a challenging environment that seeks intelligent, energetic, self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented and have high integrity. The firm’s strategy is to continue to grow, serving a widening global constituency of nonprofits, especially in the sectors of higher education, academic healthcare, independent schools, arts and culture, and selected institutions in human services, and national and global charities.
While GG+A was established in the US in 1961, the firm began to take on clients in the UK and Europe in 1990, nearly thirty years ago. Throughout these three decades we have provided counsel to an array of nonprofit organisations across such countries as England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain, and Russia.
The primary mission of GG+A is to assist its clients in the substantial improvement and acceleration of their fundraising programmes. It seeks to align those programmes with the institution’s core mission and ensure their sustainability.
For application, please submit resumes to Tracey Quinn, Assistant Vice President for GG+A UK/Europe, TQuinn@grenzglier.com