Head of Policy & Advocacy
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Policy and Advocacy, with a strong track record of delivering policy change and leading a talented team. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we have an ambitious strategic framework which needs to be delivered over the next ten years. This role will be pivotal in making this strategy a success. Leading on policy and advocacy for Rambler GB you’ll be our expert voice and our greatest advocate with decision makers in many areas.
You will be a highly skilled professional able to take on responsibility for research and policy development across the organisation. Overseeing casework, supporting volunteers, engaging with political audiences, and ensuring our policy is relevant and the basis for our campaigns, you will enjoy an exceptionally high profile and considerable autonomy.
Essential requirements include:
· Experience in leading, developing and motivating a team or teams
· Experience of working with volunteers in a policy and advocacy context
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Budget management experience
· Clear ability to influence a wide range of audiences verbally and in writing with tailored messages
· Excellent written skills with the ability to write clearly for a range of audiences and to monitor quality and consistency of the advocacy team
· Experience of the interface between policy, advocacy and income generation
· Possess sharp political and policy antennae to enable the Ramblers to increase its influence
· Demonstrable negotiation skills
· Understanding of the issues affecting a charity and a membership organisation
· Excellent ability to work collaboratively and positively with key stakeholders
· Ability to work at speed and to meet tight deadlines
· Evidence of excellent analytical skills and ability to assess and where necessary challenge detailed evidence from a variety of sources whilst maintaining a bigger picture
· Ability to identify opportunities for the strongest impact
· Experienced media spokesperson
· Good knowledge of the workings of local government
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.