Our client is the mental health charity. They are here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support. They provide a range of services across Oxfordshire from an information line to supported housing. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need the organisation more than ever.
The Information Service is a key function of the Wellbeing Service. The Information Service team provide mental health information, access to services, training and produces a Guide. The Information Service includes a busy Information Line which is the first point of contact for anyone wanting to access services and friends, family members, carers and professionals. The Information Line is open Monday to Friday during office hours.
Based: Osney Mead, Oxford
Hours: 37 hours per a week.
Salary: £19,742 - £23, 698 (SCP 21-27) per annum
Probationary Period: 6 months
Pension: Auto enrolment scheme
Holidays: 28 days per annum, plus bank holidays
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
• Provide mental health information, book appointments and respond to information requests that come in through the information line and Information Service inbox
• Undertake and record follow up telephone conversations with all service users accessing services
• Maintain the Information Service databases including the Guide
• Attend public events and appointments in order to provide information to third parties
• Order and keep stock of up to date information resources such as fact sheets and National resources
• Work as part of the Information Service team; providing support and guidance to volunteers and colleagues as required
• Work in partnership with staff to ensure they have access to the mental health information they require
The services provided include:
• Transitional Housing Recovery Service
• Wellbeing Service
• Talking Space psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
• 'Benefits for Better Mental Health’, a welfare benefits advice service
• Information line
• Volunteering & peer support opportunities
Closing Date: 2nd April 2018
Interview Date: 10th April 2018
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
No agencies please.