Up to £40,000 plus competitive benefits
1 year fixed term contract with the possibility to become permanent
Are you an experienced Brand Manager or Marketing Manager with charity brand experience? If so this is an exciting opportunity to support the Sue Ryder Five Year strategy of which increasing brand awareness and understanding is a key enabler. Join us in this fantastic newly created role and contribute to the incredible work we do across Sue Ryder.
As our new Brand Manager, reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications and working as part of the Marketing and Communications team, you will develop and implement a clear plan to roll out our new positioning and strapline. You will help to refine our visual identity and will be responsible for the development, launch and ongoing evaluation of an integrated brand campaign to help the public understand why we are here. Sue Ryder is a large and diverse organisation and the Brand Manager will work collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers across the organisation enabling them to act as brand ambassadors.
• Lead the launch of our new overarching messaging and strapline, including training colleagues and volunteers in its use and ensuring it is rolled out to all assets.
• Work with our brand agency to develop a measurable plan to increase brand understanding and awareness over the next five years to support the new organisational strategy
• Develop, launch and evaluate an integrated brand campaign to increase understanding of our work and enable colleagues and volunteers to support the campaign.
• Responsible for ongoing brand research evaluating and monitoring brand building activity to ensure we are front of mind for our supporters, healthcare professionals, the people we support and their families
• Play a key role in creating an identity for Sue Ryder nurses
• Review and refine our brand guidelines aligning key brand messages and themes within our existing visual identity.
• Work closely with the Internal Communications Manager on our internal brand campaign ‘We are Sue Ryder’ to bring help colleagues and volunteers understand why our brand is important and to give them the tools and confidence to become brand ambassadors.
• Work with the Design and Production team and the Marketing team to manage the development and approval of materials.
It's an exciting time to join Sue Ryder and to hit the ground running you will need to have proven experience of developing and growing a charity brand as well as experience of leading a brand or marketing campaigns. You’ll be a great project manager and be confident at communicating at all levels and of working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve desired outcomes.
You will need:
• Experience of working with brand agencies, creative agencies and media agencies and managing budgets including media budgets
• Experience of working in a marketing and communications team with multiple stakeholders including strategic planning at a senior level, leading to the achievement of commercial objectives
• Significant experience of writing creative briefs that deliver positive results and a good understanding of using both digital and traditional marketing to engage and inspire.
• Experience of developing, launching and evaluating marketing campaigns.
• Experience of communicating effectively and influencing or negotiating with others in a way that results in behaviour change
• Knowledge of the key issues affecting fundraising and the not for profit sector
*Competitive Benefits Package* - open to discussions about flexible working, 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, season ticket loan, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. Please visit our careers pages for the full list of our benefits.
Sue Ryder provides hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. We see the person, not the condition.
Interviews: 1st interview w/c 9th April and 2nd Interview w/c 16th April